one day left

somebody probably can get a real deal here:

Mark Campellone Deluxe Series "17 Natural Hollow Electric Guitar | eBay

no affiliation

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Price doubled in 90 minutes LOL

User Info Menu

Experienced bidders know to avoid bidding at all until the last minute. Only newbies bid up the price days in advance. Serious bidders use a sniping service, which will robotically bid up to the maximum specified within the last minute of the auction, far faster than can be done manually.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jim777
    probably because it was posted here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell
    Experienced bidders know to avoid bidding at all until the last minute. Only newbies bid up the price days in advance. Serious bidders use a sniping service, which will robotically bid up to the maximum specified within the last minute of the auction, far faster than can be done manually.
    Sniping services place those bids in the last few seconds.

I usually place my best bid in the last few seconds and figure that if I am outbid, it was simply not meant to be. (I will not be bidding on this item BTW)

Avoid getting sucked into an auction fever bidding war. Often that results in overpaying for something. Also factor in that EBay collects sales tax these days, so that can run up your total price.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stringswinger
    Sniping services place those bids in the last few seconds.

I usually place my best bid in the last few seconds and figure that if I am outbid, it was simply not meant to be.

Avoid getting sucked into an auction fever bidding war. Often that results in overpaying for something.
    Agreed, the best way to go into any auction is to have a predetermined max bid and stick to it, be it eBay or an old fashioned auctioneer led one.

User Info Menu

Looking at the bid history, my guess is that there is a serious bid on the guitar and that someone else is simply getting a better sense of where that serious bid might lie.

Given that Mark currently charges $6,550 for this model (sans pickup), a clean Dearmond FHC-C is, say, $500, and an Allparts L-5C replacement pickguard in black is $75, I'm sure this guitar will be a solid deal for someone.
    Last edited by Hammertone; 12-03-2021 at 03:48 AM.

User Info Menu

The original bid in the thread was already near my limit. I just don't need another guitar, as nice as this one probably is. I would love to have a Campellone, but I can't afford one. It will be interesting to see the final selling price, though.

User Info Menu

I’ve used a sniping service before with some success. I was conflicted about it - somehow it didn’t seem “fair”. But, what I found is it takes a lot of the anxiety and emotion out of the situation and prevents you from doing things in the heat of the moment that you wouldn’t do under more rational circumstances. But I, like others, have observed that the “screaming deals” days of internet auctions are more and more a thing of the past and things pretty much sell in the range of what they are worth. Don’t get me started on the golden bygone days of pawn shop hunting :-)

User Info Menu

I think we've likely all used sniping services over the last 20 years or so...and I agree it doesn't always seem fair. But I did once have an Ibanez hollow body I was selling (years ago) go from $1400 to over $2000 in literally the last 2 or 3 seconds, so I'm cool with them LOL

User Info Menu

Some people ask $500 for a Dearmond FHC even in poor condition... You can get them for $250-$300...
    Asking price is not selling price...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Pace
    Some people ask $500 for a Dearmond FHC even in poor condition... You can get them for $250-$300...
    Asking price is not selling price...
    I’m not saying you can’t find a good one in the $250-300 range, but you better grab it quick if you want it because that’s definitely well below current market.

User Info Menu

Sh*t, who grabbed it?
    It sold for $3,475

Says "This listing was ended by the seller because the item was sold."

I think the seller didn't get what he was hoping and closed the auction.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HeyNow

Aaaaaaahhhhhh

User Info Menu

Here's what it looked like last time it came up for sale, in 2018, for $4,200.
    Attached Images Attached Images Campellone Deluxe on eBay - current bid alt=,625-2018-05-21_14-41-30_026-jpg Campellone Deluxe on eBay - current bid alt=,625-2018-05-21_14-41-55_741-jpg 

User Info Menu

Often sellers do that when they strike a deal with a buyer via messages, and the seller doesn't want to pay eBay anything So, "it's no longer for sale" goes up and eBay gets nothing.

Often sellers do that when they strike a deal with a buyer via messages, and the seller doesn't want to pay eBay anything So, "it's no longer for sale" goes up and eBay gets nothing.
    Possibly but eBay (and Reverb) has been cracking down on that with automated message parsing/analysis.

If somebody was waiting to snipe, they missed out.

pushing the price up earlier has some benefits including shaking out weak hands who might get caught in the last minute competitiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    Here's what it looked like last time it came up for sale, in 2018, for $4,200.
    that was a great price (not sure if the lacquer burn was there at that time)

To me, a Standard usually goes for $3500-4000

Deluxe $1k more
    Special $1k more over Deluxe

the ebay one, I couldn’t see it going much more than $3800 as it is modded and had the lacquer burn

User Info Menu

Possibly but eBay (and Reverb) has been cracking down on that with automated message parsing/analysis.

Yeah I think the Eb transaction monitors were starting to notice a lot of ' no sales ' having been ended with such words as ' kibosh', and 'ix-nay' and 'no-mo bidere'.......

..........just couldn't resist.... : )

User Info Menu

...or that 'wink wink', 'nudge nudge'

....: )