User Info Menu

XXL Guitars - Convertible
    was $1700
    was $1500
    was $1400

Price drop - $1300

Fantastic guitar by Canadian luthier Marc Lupien. The quality of the build is excellent; it is very comfortable and lightweight (less than 6 lbs), and the lipstick pickups make it a super fun rockin' guitar.

Here is a link to a video of Lance Keltner playing a similar XXL model. The model I'm selling here does not have the Varitone switch that Lance mentions. It does have a sound hole which the model in the video does not have. Otherwise, relatively similar in nature.

Below are the specs from CME, who sold it to me...

XXL Convertible Specs
    From Chicago Music Exchange (where I purchased)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The following specs were carefully collected and recorded by a skilled technician.

Summary

Finish Details: Original
    Top Material: Mahogany Top
    Body Material: Mahogany Body
    Body Details: Semi-hollow body with cedar core and mahogany top, back, and sides
    Neck Material: Maple Neck
    Fingerboard Material: Rosewood Fingerboard
    Neck Profile: Medium U
    Neck Thickness (IN): 1st - 0.85" 12th - 0.94"
    Fingerboard Radius: 12.00" to
    Nut Width: 1-5/8"
    Scale Length: 24 3/4"
    Neck Details: Glossy maple neck with mahogany stripes, unbound Honduran rosewood fingerboard, and abalone dot inlays.
    Electronics: Seymour Duncan lipstick pickups in middle and bridge positions. Controls include a 3-way toggle switch, master volume pot, and master tone pot.
    Pickup Measurements: Middle - 3.3k? Bridge - 5.7k?
    Hardware: All original
    Weight: 5 lbs 5 oz
    Modifications/Repairs: None
    Case Details: Original gig bag
    Cosmetic Condition: The guitar has light play wear. Only minor finish blemishes exist.
    Serial Number: 077
    Tech Notes: Plays well with low action and optimal neck relief. Frets are tall and show little sign of play wear. The neck stamp indicates a production year of 2009.

Last edited by jcc; 12-07-2021 at 07:06 PM. Reason: price drop

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Price drop - $1500

Price drop - $1400

Price drop - $1300

Price drop - $1200

bump

bump