Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 18 of 18

User Info Menu

If anyone is interested Willcutt Guitars is selling a used Wes Montgomery L5 for an extra 10% off for Black Friday. It's a looker!

(not affiliated, just a very nice looking guitar)

Gibson Custom Shop Wes Montgomery L-5 USED - Willcutt Guitars

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

ouch!

User Info Menu

Well considering what a CS Fender gets nowadays, this is a bargain,Lol!

User Info Menu

Woulda been high a couple yrs ago but thats actually priced about right for a blonde considering the market change lately.

User Info Menu

At that price I’d probably commission a build from Mark Campellone. And if I was looking for a bargain, just buy a used Campellone.

User Info Menu

I would say 7K is about right today for a Blonde Wesmo, so at the sale price (if you can still get it for that) it is a very fair deal. At the asking price it is a tad high and that is probably why it is still available.

It is hard to beat a Gibson L-5. They are not making many these days and I expect that this is a guitar that will be in high demand for many years to come. Personally, I would rather have the L-5 over any luthier built instrument being made today. YMMV.

User Info Menu

well, at the Black Friday price of $6750 it's pretty attractive [something tells me that offer could be extended beyond Fri] I'd be surprised if it lasted a week, sunburst examples have been selling for 7K + lately. [I was considering selling my 90s blonde Super 400 but maybe I'll hold onto it a little longer the way things are going ]

User Info Menu

And it’s sold… I wonder if someone here grabbed it.

User Info Menu

That guitar is on it's way to a now inactive forum member.

Like I posted above, the price was VERY fair. You snooze, you lose.

User Info Menu

Mid 6's for a near new blonde L5 Wes is a great buy in today's market.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

The spruce top on that guitar is top notch.

User Info Menu

While I agree that is probably a great L-5CES. Mark Campellone builds some of the best Gibson Style archtops, I’ve ever played.

User Info Menu

My Bro got it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    My Bro got it.
    That guitar is heading to exactly where it should be. It will be cherished, well maintained and lovingly played by a chord melody master.

User Info Menu

I thought Joe already had a Wesmo?
    Also, where has my fellow New Jerseyan been?

User Info Menu

Wow I just now realized that guitar was in a shop very near my home. I coulda checked it out for an interested buyer. Literally a 20 minute drive. But evidently someone already has it, so congratulations!

User Info Menu

My Bro got it.
    My Bro got it?
    That's Awesome!
    Congratulations Bro!

User Info Menu

My Bro got it.
    Figures. Gentlemen prefer blondes.