Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 12 of 12

User Info Menu

If I recall correctly these are difficult to find. This one is available at Carter Vintage Guitars in Nashville, TN, USA, for $850. Epiphone ES-175 Premium 2014 – Carter Vintage Guitars. No affiliation with the guitar, just thought I would bring it to everyone's attention.
    Attached Images Attached Images 2014 Epiphone ES-175 Premium-41021dcc-6d9f-4023-95a9-22deeb8e8ce9_4_5005_c-jpeg 

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gitfiddler View Post
    Thanks, Gitfiddler!

User Info Menu

Great guitars for the price point. + Gibson classic 57s and a hard case also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Eisele View Post
    If I recall correctly these are difficult to find. This one is available at Carter Vintage Guitars in Nashville, TN, USA, for $850. Epiphone ES-175 Premium 2014 – Carter Vintage Guitars. No affiliation with the guitar, just thought I would bring it to everyone's attention.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fear the Reaper View Post
    Great guitars for the price point. + Gibson classic 57s and a hard case also.
    Better to buy these new old stock. If used, the likelihood of the 57s still being there goes down.

User Info Menu

A decent buy for it’s condition. And they’ve become difficult to find. But I’m not a fan of their thin necks. I owned one in wine red just like it. The guitar gave a serious run against an ES175 I owned at the time. Almost so good I wondered why I kept the ES175 at 6 times the purchase price for the Epi Premium.

User Info Menu

I still have my wine red bought almost ne from Reverb. Classic 57s were still there. I had to have the switch fixed though. Keep A/B ing with Gibsons and deciding not to buy a Gibson. I actually like the neck but got a bone nut and nice TI flatwounds installed and set it up for low action. Thunky!

User Info Menu

Mine is black and was a factory 2nd(not sure what the blemish was) and I put in Gibson Burstbucker in the neck. It sounds fantastic compared to many other guitars I've since bought and returned or sold. I set it up myself and thankfully it's a 2nd with a USED stamp on the back or I would have sold it in a hurry when I saw the price rise up and been instantly disappointed with other guitars.

User Info Menu

Just bought this guitar! It's on the way now, and I should get it on Friday. Can't wait! I've been lurking on this forum for a while but this is my first post. Anyway, thanks for the PSA. I think I'm getting a really nice jazzbox for a fair price.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joe A
    Just bought this guitar! It's on the way now, and I should get it on Friday. Can't wait! I've been lurking on this forum for a while but this is my first post. Anyway, thanks for the PSA. I think I'm getting a really nice jazzbox for a fair price.
    Congratulations, Joe! From everything I have heard you will be very happy with your new acquisition. Please post a NGD with photos when you get a chance. We will be interested in your thoughts about the guitar. Not sure what strings are on the guitar but I am a fan of TI Swings for inset pickup archtops. And medblues had also mentioned the Swings and about installing a bone nut so not sure what is stock. And, welcome to the Forum!
    Last edited by Bill Eisele; 12-16-2021 at 12:11 PM.

User Info Menu

In my opinion, those Epi 175's are as close as any 175 copy has ever gotten to "getting it right."

User Info Menu

I have one in this same color. Only gripe is the satin finish. I know they save money with it. It's fine for a cheap guitar but these are only relatively cheap now. If I weren't so lazy (I hate the idea of taking all the hardware off) I'd give it a polish. I know folks get good results with good quality polishes. Not gloss but smoother than what it is now.