Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1

    User Info Menu

    MF is selling these for $250 right now. Does this mean a new model is incoming?

  2.  

    The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
     
  3. #2

    User Info Menu

    Nothing to suggest that on the DV website.

  4. #3

    User Info Menu

    When I got mine, it was on sale for $299. I wonder if I need 2.

  5. #4

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Gitterbug
    Nothing to suggest that on the DV website.
    It's on the Musician's Friend website. And if you want it relic'ed, they'll sell you a used one for only a little more

    DV Mark Little Jazz on sale-ljsale-jpg

  6. #5

    User Info Menu

    Bargain! I love mine. They sound big for such a small amp.

  7. #6
    Any experience with the headphone out or running it DI? Does it need a cab sim/IR when running it DI?

  8. #7

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by diode
    Any experience with the headphone out or running it DI? Does it need a cab sim/IR when running it DI?
    DI sounds great on mine. The headphone out sounds good too.

  9. #8

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by diode
    Any experience with the headphone out or running it DI? Does it need a cab sim/IR when running it DI?
    I have had two and both headphone outputs were unusable. Was told at GC they were all this way.

    As posted elsewhere I converted mine into a very usable 8” cab for my Quilter head.

  10. #9

    User Info Menu

    I'm very happy. I was tempted to buy another at this price (I think I paid $360).

    The only glitch was that I had trouble playing from my phone's headphone-out to the Aux in. I think that may be because I was using the wrong kind of cable. The phone has a jack that has a mic line, but the LJ doesn't. It made noise when my phone wasn't actively playing something.

  11. #10

    User Info Menu

    Looks like it went up $50 overnight

  12. #11

    User Info Menu

    I didn't actually look at the ad, but is it possible that it was a "Stupid Deal of the Day"? MF has them daily, different deals at greatly reduced prices, which only last for the day, then the price goes back to normal, or close.

    The headphone out was not great, IIRC. I never use it, and it has been a couple of years or more since I even bothered with it. I also don't usually bother with the XLR out most of the time. The few times I did use it direct to the PA, it was fine, but it has also been a couple of years since I used that. I do use the speaker output, to connect to my RE Stealth10ER, and I really like that. The amp sounds great by itself, but with the RE cab as an extension, it's even better, and louder, so I have to reduce the volume. Not the worst problem one could have...

  13. #12

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell
    I didn't actually look at the ad, but is it possible that it was a "Stupid Deal of the Day"? MF has them daily, different deals at greatly reduced prices, which only last for the day, then the price goes back to normal, or close.

    The headphone out was not great, IIRC. I never use it, and it has been a couple of years or more since I even bothered with it. I also don't usually bother with the XLR out most of the time. The few times I did use it direct to the PA, it was fine, but it has also been a couple of years since I used that. I do use the speaker output, to connect to my RE Stealth10ER, and I really like that. The amp sounds great by itself, but with the RE cab as an extension, it's even better, and louder, so I have to reduce the volume. Not the worst problem one could have...
    I get their SDotD emails and I didn't see this in any of them. It could have been an unadvertised flash deal or even a mistake that they corrected when the first order came in. But anyone who took advantage of it got the bargain of the season.

    I record from the DI to my DAI and have been very happy with it. I tried the hadphone out just to make sure it worked, and it does. And I use the aux in as a mic channel, driving it with the output from my Art mic preamp. I've driven both my Stealth 10 and my RevSound 8 with the speaker output and been as happy as you are with it. It's a wonderful little amp that keeps my jones for a Blu 6 under control (at least for now....) - if you're not looking, you're not living!

    DV Mark Little Jazz on sale-eye-gif

  14. #13

    User Info Menu

    It was a one-day-only flash sale.

  15. #14

    User Info Menu

    Did any of you experience issues with fan noise with the more recent models? Apparently the early ones were quite loud (i.e. the fans) at bedroom levels.
    Cheers!

  16. #15

    User Info Menu

    I've had no issues with the fan. When it does run, which is not all the time, I can hear it if I get my head very close to the amp and concentrate on it. It doesn't run often at bedroom levels, though. I only have experience with one sample, though.

  17. #16

    User Info Menu

    Mine has no fan noise.

  18. #17

    User Info Menu

    I called MF and told them my buddy had gotten one recently from their site for $250 and asked if they could extend me the same price- tried 3X- no luck. Must not be meant to be.

  19. #18

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by JazzDaddyD
    I called MF and told them my buddy had gotten one recently from their site for $250 and asked if they could extend me the same price- tried 3X- no luck. Must not be meant to be.
    Check Guitar Center daily. I bet it shows up as a Daily Deal for $300 or $250 before Christmas. That is how I got my original a couple years ago.

  20. #19

    User Info Menu

    Thanks guys for the replies about the fan noise!
    I currently have a Mambo 10'' that sounds amazing, but look for something even more portable to take on public transport.
    It is going to be either the Mark DV little or a Lunchbox...
    Cheers!

  21. #20

    User Info Menu

    There are videos on YouTube of a group playing outside the Ear Inn in NYC using a Lunchbox. Matt Munisteri, James Chirillo, Joe Cohn, and others, playing with bass and horns. Apparently the Lunchbox is the Ear Inn's house amp. The sound isn't amazing, but good enough for the job. Search this channel - swingyoucats - YouTube for Jon-Erik Kellso, since he's on all of them. Perhaps not the most flattering demo of a Lunchbox there is, but it's representative of how it sounds in a band situation. There are many videos with the Little Jazz available, but you may have seen many of them. IMO it's a much better choice than the Lunchbox, but that's just one opinion, influenced by the fact that I have one and not the other.

  22. #21

    User Info Menu

    Bear in mind that the lunchbox reverb is very different from the earlier non reverb model, so when listening to demos look at the model!

  23. #22

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Alter
    Bear in mind that the lunchbox reverb is very different from the earlier non reverb model, so when listening to demos look at the model!
    Thanks for the heads-up! In what way do they differ in your opinion? I'm using a Wet reverb pedal, so I actually don't mind whether the amp has a reverb per-se... But I assume the whole circuitry is different?

  24. #23

    User Info Menu

    The reverb model has less gain, and is more balanced, less mid focused than the previous one. But it is also a bit less dynamic because of that. It is a lot closer to most other jazz targeted small amps out, whereas the older model sounded great as an electric amp as well. If looking for a jazz amp, i think the new reverb model is better for most applications, and it also sounds great at low volume (the older model sounded a bit boxy and weak to me at home).

  25. #24
    I bought this and the unit I received has an audible hiss through the speaker, line out, and headphone jack. It's especially prominent in headphones. Others have mentioned this issue with the DV Mark Little Jazz but it apparently only affected a minority of units. Maybe this was MF's ways of dumping all the ones that hiss. Either way I'm going to return it.

  26. #25

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Alder Statesman

    As posted elsewhere I converted mine into a very usable 8” cab for my Quilter head.
    I'm interested in doing the same. Have you posted anywhere how you did it?
    Last edited by DonEsteban; 12-02-2021 at 07:37 AM. Reason: typo