Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 13 of 13

User Info Menu

I have nothing to do with the sale or the guitar but I notice this for sale. It is from Larry Wexer a friend and a top rate dealer. He is one you can trust. I am posting this because right now I think this is the best of best at an affordable price

2011 Campellone Special Blonde > Guitars Archtop Electric & Acoustic | Laurence Wexer Ltd. (gbase.com)

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Wow, that’s a great-looking Campellone (and there’s been no shortage of those on the forum lately), long scale, and at a good price! That will make someone a great guitar, no doubt!

User Info Menu

18” Campy’s are indeed rare. I heard Mark stopped building them a few years back. Can anyone confirm?

User Info Menu

I was just catching up with Larry W. about life in general - and this instrument came up in our conversation. He said its a fantastic sounding X braced guitar, and perhaps the best Campellone he's ever heard.

For Larry to speak this highly about a guitar means it's real special.

If anyone is contemplating this instrument - go for it......you won't regret the buy.

Larry Wexer is one of the most reputable dealer's in the country......a no anxiety purchase.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

I'll echo the above on Larry Wexer; top drawer player also, so if he complimented the sound, i would trust it.

Quote Originally Posted by QAman
    I was just catching up with Larry W. about life in general - and this instrument came up in our conversation. He said its a fantastic sounding X braced guitar, and perhaps the best Campellone he's ever heard.

For Larry to speak this highly about a guitar means it's real special.

If anyone is contemplating this instrument - go for it......you won't regret the buy.

Larry Wexer is one of the most reputable dealer's in the country......a no anxiety purchase.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    QAMan you are right on the money. Anyone thinking of ordering or buying a jazz archtop of this caliber right now better pull the trigger. If you don't and wait around, you will be sadly disappointed. ln fact if you are looking for the jazz guitar of the dreams this is it. Your heirs looking back 50 years from now will say...............holy shit what a piece of history..............but you can play it now.

User Info Menu

Mark
    I have an 18'' blonde (non cut) that Mark made for me in 2012. He mentioned a year later that he stopped making them but I did see one a few years after that. Write to Mark. He'll tell you. But my guess is that they are super rare, and this one looks fantastic!

User Info Menu

Oh man, do I wish now I had a few shekels to play with. I've dealt with Larry before and he's a straight shooter for sure. Such is life.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    18” Campy’s are indeed rare. I heard Mark stopped building them a few years back. Can anyone confirm?
    The last 18" guitar listed in my records was completed in December of 2012 - out of 570 archtop guitars built to date, 40 are 18" models.

User Info Menu

I wish I could afford it, it is absolutely hypnotizing to look at

User Info Menu

Yikes, I wish I were about a 1/2 foot taller. But then, maybe the way Robert DeLeo holds his bass might change my mind.

The person who buys this guitar will not get a D'angelico New Yorker Cutaway from say 1955. What they will get is the exact equivalent to a D'angelico New Yorker 1955 in 2021. Then in 2087 who ever has this guitar will say....................my I have a real treasure from the roaring 20's of 2021.............1955 plus 66 years 2021 with the approx added years. But most of us on the forum will not be around............better buy now and play now. I realize I don't make sense to many.

User Info Menu

Truly breathtaking and the price is very right for what you’re getting .
    I have two and I love both of them dearl
    BigMike
    Last edited by Crm114; 11-13-2021 at 06:04 PM.