Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 12 of 12

User Info Menu

Here is the original description.

2016 Gibson 1964 ES-345 VOS in original Frost Blue! Super nice finish and color.This is a limited run of a Gibson ES 345 1964 in a beautiful Frost Blue VOS (Vintage Original Spec) finish.Equipped with Varitone and two MHS (Memphis Historic Spec) Pickups.It has the vintage correct nylon saddles on the ABR1 bridge.Comes with original Gibson hardshell case.A 1964 ES-345, Re-created to Vintage SpecsFrom the historically correct body shape, truss rod, and fret wires to the 1964 neck profile and hot hide glue construction, the Gibson Memphis 1964 ES-345 VOS offers vintage perfection. You can dial in a wide range of classic guitar tones thanks to the alnico magnet pickups. This premium guitar delivers the feel, looks, vibe, and sound you'd expect from a true vintage instrument. Whether you're a collector or simply a fan of top-notch semi-hollowbody guitars, you'll definitely want to get your hands on the Gibson Memphis 1964 ES-345 VOS.Gibson Memphis built the 1964 ES-345 VOS semi-hollowbody electric guitar to vintage specs for an instrument that plays just like the original. The ES-345 VOS's neck and body are built using hot hide glue, which many argue sounds better than synthetic glue. Gibson Memphis also uses a vintage-accurate truss rod, truss rod washer, and anchor in the guitar's neck. Every piece of wood used in the ES-345 is hand selected by its looks and weight. Just like the original, these guitars are lightweight wonders to play.Tonal excellence is yours when you plug the Gibson Memphis 1964 ES-345 VOS into your favorite tube amplifier. Loaded with a pair of MHS alnico pickups, each with its own volume and tone controls, you'll be able to dial in chiming country tones as easily as savagely distorted rock tones. The Alnico III neck pickup gives you classic hollowbody-style tones for everything from smooth jazz to dirty blues. Flip to the Alnico II bridge pickup, and you'll command sounds covering everything from bright and clean to raw and mean. These alnico pickups deliver a wide sonic range and articulate response.When you want a premium hollowbody or semi-hollowbody guitar, there's nothing like a Gibson. Handbuilt at the Gibson Memphis Custom Shop, these guitars feature premium craftsmanship and carefully selected tonewoods that give you amazing playability and tone. Countless jazz, rock, and blues players have used Gibson hollowbodies for decades. Take it from Sweetwater -the Gibson Memphis 1964 ES-345 VOS will give you years of great performance!Gibson Memphis 1964 ES-345 VOS Features:Reissue of the classic 1964 Gibson ES-345 TDC FiguredSemi-hollowbody design for enhanced harmonic richnessHistoric truss rod for better neck adjustabilityComfortable lightweight body with historically correct SlimTaper cutawayVintage-spec center block shape and neck profile for true vintage vibePlek Pro fretboard optimization ensures perfect action and intonationHot hide glue neck and body constructionIndividual tone and volume controls allow you to dial in virtually any type of toneMHS alnico pickups with 550k audio-taper pots for enhanced functionalityABR bridge and lightweight stopbarCapture the vibe with the Gibson Memphis 1964 ES-345 VOS

The guitar is in showroom condition with perhaps some minor nitro swirls. It has been played about an hour and has been in storage since. This particular guitar was chosen because it had the darkest rosewood of the lot. It is set up very well. It has the case candy and original case in excellent++ condition.

I looked at Reverb to see what these are selling for. I am asking $3600 plus shipping.

Gibson ES-345 Limited for sale-es-345-blue-jpg

Gibson ES-345 Limited for sale-2018-09-09_12-10-17-jpgGibson ES-345 Limited for sale-2018-09-09_12-18-14-jpgGibson ES-345 Limited for sale-2018-09-09_12-21-37-jpgGibson ES-345 Limited for sale-2018-09-09_12-21-57-jpgGibson ES-345 Limited for sale-2018-09-09_12-22-19-jpgGibson ES-345 Limited for sale-2018-09-09_12-22-36-jpgGibson ES-345 Limited for sale-2018-09-09_12-22-58-jpgGibson ES-345 Limited for sale-2018-09-09_12-23-16-jpgGibson ES-345 Limited for sale-blue-3-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

And yes, Miranda is included with the sale price!

Gibson ES-345 Limited for sale-miranda-lambert-music-divorce-250x360-jpg

User Info Menu

Absolutely gorgeous! I have an original '64(-ish) with patent-sticker pups, gold hardware and a trapeze tailpiece; identical to the one pictured on the sheet music to "Sweet Sixteen" by B.B. King, which I used to keep in the case so B.B. could autograph it if I ever ran into him.

Whoever gets this is going to have a mighty fine music making machine that is not only ear- but eye- candy as well. Best of luck with the sale!

User Info Menu

2016 Gibson 1964 ES-345 VOS in original Frost Blue! Super nice finish and color.This is a limited run of a Gibson ES 345 1964 in a beautiful Frost Blue VOS (Vintage Original Spec) finish.Equipped with Varitone and two MHS (Memphis Historic Spec) Pickups.It has the vintage correct nylon saddles on the ABR1 bridge.Comes with original Gibson hardshell case.A 1964 ES-345, Re-created to Vintage SpecsFrom the historically correct body shape, truss rod, and fret wires to the 1964 neck profile and hot hide glue construction, the Gibson Memphis 1964 ES-345 VOS offers vintage perfection. You can dial in a wide range of classic guitar tones thanks to the alnico magnet pickups. This premium guitar delivers the feel, looks, vibe, and sound you'd expect from a true vintage instrument. Whether you're a collector or simply a fan of top-notch semi-hollowbody guitars, you'll definitely want to get your hands on the Gibson Memphis 1964 ES-345 VOS.Gibson Memphis built the 1964 ES-345 VOS semi-hollowbody electric guitar to vintage specs for an instrument that plays just like the original. The ES-345 VOS's neck and body are built using hot hide glue, which many argue sounds better than synthetic glue. Gibson Memphis also uses a vintage-accurate truss rod, truss rod washer, and anchor in the guitar's neck. Every piece of wood used in the ES-345 is hand selected by its looks and weight. Just like the original, these guitars are lightweight wonders to play.Tonal excellence is yours when you plug the Gibson Memphis 1964 ES-345 VOS into your favorite tube amplifier. Loaded with a pair of MHS alnico pickups, each with its own volume and tone controls, you'll be able to dial in chiming country tones as easily as savagely distorted rock tones. The Alnico III neck pickup gives you classic hollowbody-style tones for everything from smooth jazz to dirty blues. Flip to the Alnico II bridge pickup, and you'll command sounds covering everything from bright and clean to raw and mean. These alnico pickups deliver a wide sonic range and articulate response.When you want a premium hollowbody or semi-hollowbody guitar, there's nothing like a Gibson. Handbuilt at the Gibson Memphis Custom Shop, these guitars feature premium craftsmanship and carefully selected tonewoods that give you amazing playability and tone. Countless jazz, rock, and blues players have used Gibson hollowbodies for decades. Take it from Sweetwater -the Gibson Memphis 1964 ES-345 VOS will give you years of great performance!Gibson Memphis 1964 ES-345 VOS Features:Reissue of the classic 1964 Gibson ES-345 TDC FiguredSemi-hollowbody design for enhanced harmonic richnessHistoric truss rod for better neck adjustabilityComfortable lightweight body with historically correct SlimTaper cutawayVintage-spec center block shape and neck profile for true vintage vibePlek Pro fretboard optimization ensures perfect action and intonationHot hide glue neck and body constructionIndividual tone and volume controls allow you to dial in virtually any type of toneMHS alnico pickups with 550k audio-taper pots for enhanced functionalityABR bridge and lightweight stopbarCapture the vibe with the Gibson Memphis 1964 ES-345 VOS

God bless 'em, eh?

User Info Menu

For those who read the full description, it claims there is figured wood under that finish.

I do like the Memphis Historic Spec pickups. They do sound PAF-ish certainly.

I've owned some of the 1960s ES-345s. This has more of a medium neck carve than the slim 60s.

User Info Menu

And yes, Miranda is included with the sale price!

You shouldn’t have added that,Marty
    Now,my wife has forbidden me to watch your ad again!

User Info Menu

That’s a really good deal at the present market value!

User Info Menu

Beautiful

User Info Menu

A wonderful looking instrument!

I have a 2015 Memphis '64 reissue (different finish) and it's my favourite guitar.

The rounded '60s 'C' profile is great; not thin, not fat, just comfortable. As the OP says, the rosewood stash they used on these was beautifully dark compared to many recent Gibsons.

The MHS pickups are really nice with an underwound, articulate vibe that I love. Even the much maligned varitone is useful, IMO, for more hollowed-out tones in the first few positions (although I like these with more driven sounds).

I'm no expert and have never played a vintage 345 but I've read that these late era Memphis semis were considered particularly nice instruments by many and I love mine. Good luck with the sale.

User Info Menu

Message sent, would like to purchase!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome Dome
    A wonderful looking instrument!

I have a 2015 Memphis '64 reissue (different finish) and it's my favourite guitar.

The rounded '60s 'C' profile is great; not thin, not fat, just comfortable. As the OP says, the rosewood stash they used on these was beautifully dark compared to many recent Gibsons.

The MHS pickups are really nice with an underwound, articulate vibe that I love. Even the much maligned varitone is useful, IMO, for more hollowed-out tones in the first few positions (although I like these with more driven sounds).

I'm no expert and have never played a vintage 345 but I've read that these late era Memphis semis were considered particularly nice instruments by many and I love mine. Good luck with the sale.
    I couldn't agree more. I have a lot of experience with the Gibson semi-hollows over the decades, from the 60s onward. The 64 reissues were as good as they ever got IMO. A friend of mine who plays chord melody is a Lucille fan. He has two from the same Memphis era and says they're the best he's ever played, and he's played them for decades. I am retaining another 64 reissue 345 in cherry because that was a redo of my original gigging guitar from back in the day and is nostalgic.

User Info Menu

Sold. Thanks.