User Info Menu

The one on my Aria PE180 fell off on a gig and I need a replacement, preferably in gold.
    Not sure if it's metric or US but I'm guessing US since it takes a regular 1/4" plug, though that may not be accurate.
    Don't need the washer.

Last edited by wintermoon; 09-28-2021 at 05:15 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

The nuts come in both flavors, because the jacks come in both flavors. I don't know which the Aria uses. Unfortunately, I currently have no spares, although I've been thinking about getting some more. Lots of them available on ebay for a reasonable price.

Arias use an Asian jack, washer and nut combo. I always change these out from the start with an American Switchcraft 1/4 jack. They're built better and professional quality for the long run.
    Jacks are one of the first places corners are cut because they sound the same, are functionally just as good as a heavy duty one but a cheap one just won't last. This is one of the areas that's the first to go.
    Get a Switchcraft.
    If you need a quick fix for your Asian jack now, you can get AllParts nut and washer replacements on line, and have it at your door in a day or few. Most guitar stores have these hanging on the wall in a package because they're such a common failure.

I don't see them on their site

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon View Post
    I don't see them on their site
    https://www.philadelphialuthiertools...k-gold-plated/
    Switchcraft 1/4" Guitar Output Jack - Philadelphia Luthier Tools & Supplies, LLC
    Metric M9 Nut, Washer and Locking Washer for Output Jacks - Black - Philadelphia Luthier Tools & Supplies, LLC

You can find these parts on Ebay too, or any online retailer of parts. I happen to like these guys, they've got neat stuff at fair prices.

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon View Post
    Thanks but for now just looking for the nut and washer
    That's why I included the third option there.
    M9 Guitar Output Jack Nuts Washers For Imports - Squier Epiphone Ibanez Jackson | eBay
    Make sure they are specified as metric or Asian/Japanese standard. Many of the replacement nuts and washers readily available are threaded for American standard and will not fit your jack.
    Good luck