User Info Menu

This is a great Semihollow that went unnoticed, Ibanez made the model AGS83B for a few years and then discontinued it. It rivals any Comins GCS-1 I've played although it lacks the acoustic nuance of the GCS-1. The craftsmanship is phenomenal, a really well built guitar with flame maple (laminated) top, back and sides and a center block inside. The neck is a Mahogany/Maple 3 piece neck. If you're looking for an inexpensive alternative to a 335, a Comins GCS, or just a good Semihollow, this could be it!

FS - Ibanez AGS83B Semihollow (Must See) | The Gear Page

Cheers,
    Arnie...
    Last edited by arnie65; 09-21-2021 at 04:38 PM. Reason: SOLD

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I am sure it’s a great small sized semi hollow - I am a big Ibanez fan, their guitars are immaculate, even the budget models. Their quality control model must be very good ;-)

But this guitar would have looked so much better with smaller and more elegant f-holes…..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Little Jay
    I am sure it’s a great small sized semi hollow - I am a big Ibanez fan, their guitars are immaculate, even the budget models. Their quality control model must be very good ;-)

But this guitar would have looked so much better with smaller and more elegant f-holes…..
    Totally agree on the F holes, they seem a bit out of symmetry for the size of the body, however the neck profile is very comfortable, and the tone is superb, even before I upgraded the pickups to the Pete Biltoft PU's. For the price is a lot of guitar and a great tone! Many musicians forget that the guitar is only a "tool" for music, and if the tool is good enough (for you) to do the job, then everything else is inconsequential. When you hear a recording, you don't see the instrument; all you have to judge the tools being used is the "tone"....

Cheers,
    Arnie...