Hello. My name is Mark, and I've been a visiting non-member for years to this site as I am primarily a flat top player. I've always wanted to improve my jazz skills, but that's been a slow process. I was a dealer in vintage Martin, Gibsons, and fine more recent boutique flat tops up until my retirement in 2017. But, it's a hard habit to break, so I still dabble mostly on the UMGF (Martin forum), AGF, and Mandolin Cafe. I still have a Reverb presence, but it's minimal. It's a hobby now, and the there is no profit motive these days. I do a lot of lateral deals and trades that keep new-to-me instruments coming through the house. So, with this brief introduction, I have recently brought in a guitar that I think would be of interest to folks here. Below is the listing I have on a couple of the aforementioned forums.

Here's a unique Martin that's in fabulous condition. This model was built in collaboration with arch top master builder Dale Unger. Completely stock right down to the original issue tweed hard shell case, she is set up perfectly with flat wounds. Frets show minimal wear in the first position. Here are the particulars: solid arched X-braced spruce top; laminated arched flame maple back; solid flame maple sides; three piece flame maple neck; solid ebony fretboat, nut, bridge, and tailpiece. Solid ebony pick guard with volume control attached. Kent Armstrong floating humbucker. Lower bout measures 17" and the depth is 3". 25" scale length; 1 3/4" nut; label signed by Dale Unger and CF Martin IV. Here's a link to a full battery of pics: Flickr
    Write me at oldgoatguitars@gmail.com with questions or other photo requests. I'll get back with you promptly. Price is $3,000.00 OBO plus shipping. I have all the insurances covered. PayPal is fine. NO trades on this one, please.
    Last edited by oldgoatguitars; 09-05-2021 at 08:06 PM. Reason: sold

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by oldgoatguitars
    Hello. My name is Mark, and I've been a visiting non-member for years to this site as I am primarily a flat top player. I've always wanted to improve my jazz skills, but that's been a slow process. I was a dealer in vintage Martin, Gibsons, and fine more recent boutique flat tops up until my retirement in 2017. But, it's a hard habit to break, so I still dabble mostly on the UMGF (Martin forum), AGF, and Mandolin Cafe. I still have a Reverb presence, but it's minimal. It's a hobby now, and the there is no profit motive these days. I do a lot of lateral deals and trades that keep new-to-me instruments coming through the house. So, with this brief introduction, I have recently brought in a guitar that I think would be of interest to folks here. Below is the listing I have on a couple of the aforementioned forums.

Here's a unique Martin that's in fabulous condition. This model was built in collaboration with arch top master builder Dale Unger. Completely stock right down to the original issue tweed hard shell case, she is set up perfectly with flat wounds. Frets show minimal wear in the first position. Here are the particulars: solid arched X-braced spruce top; laminated arched flame maple back; solid flame maple sides; three piece flame maple neck; solid ebony fretboat, nut, bridge, and tailpiece. Solid ebony pick guard with volume control attached. Kent Armstrong floating humbucker. Lower bout measures 17" and the depth is 3". 25" scale length; 1 3/4" nut; label signed by Dale Unger and CF Martin IV. Here's a link to a full battery of pics: Flickr
    Write me at oldgoatguitars@gmail.com with questions or other photo requests. I'll get back with you promptly. Price is $3,000.00 plus shipping. I have all the insurances covered. PayPal is fine. NO trades on this one, please.