User Info Menu

I do not know and am not affiliated in any way with the sellers for these Craigslist ads.
    However, I thought it might be worth a look for any forum members that might potentially have an interest in these kinds of instruments.

GIBSON SUPER 400 CES, Sunburst. - musical instruments - by owner -...

1997 Gibson Historic Custom Shop Super 400 CES $8000.00

Gibson Byrdland - musical instruments - by owner - sale

1978 $5500.00

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

"and somebody Byrd"

User Info Menu

Nice guitars but I need a Wes L5 or an L5c. Not horrible on the prices and not on reverb.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    "and somebody Byrd"
    I saw that comment in the original ad and got a laugh out of it, too!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    "and somebody Byrd"
    Wow - I didn’t know that Charlie ever played an archtop

What’s most interesting about Billy Byrd’s relationship with the Gibson Byrdland is that his last (and apparently favorite) one was the double cut version with a 24 3/4” scale that was made for him and on display at the Country Music Hall of Fame years ago. It may even still be there.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MtnCat
    I do not know and am not affiliated in any way with the sellers for these Craigslist ads.
    However, I thought it might be worth a look for any forum members that might potentially have an interest in these kinds of instruments.

GIBSON SUPER 400 CES, Sunburst. - musical instruments - by owner -...

1997 Gibson Historic Custom Shop Super 400 CES $8000.00

Gibson Byrdland - musical instruments - by owner - sale

1978 $5500.00

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nevershouldhavesoldit
    Wow - I didn’t know that Charlie ever played an archtop

What’s most interesting about Billy Byrd’s relationship with the Gibson Byrdland is that his last (and apparently favorite) one was the double cut version with a 24 3/4” scale that was made for him and on display at the Country Music Hall of Fame years ago. It may even still be there.
    I have an old record where he plays electric, single note style ala Christian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MtnCat
    I saw that comment in the original ad and got a laugh out of it, too!
    I found that odd, too. Billy Byrd was guitarist for Ernest Tubb in addition to playing many sessions and also played
    in dance bands prior to playing country.