Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 17 of 17

User Info Menu

Hey, everyone. I'm looking for an original Gibson Johnny Smith neck mount pickup with good output. I've tried a number of the boutique
    pickup makers, and although they can be quite good, I want the "real" thing. Please let me know if you have one for sale.

Thanks!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I think I have a few of them around here somewhere. I'll look around.

User Info Menu

Yes, some get close, but i also have not found any of them as impressive as the original.

I’m still looking for an original Gibson JS pickup with good output. Please let me know if you have one for sale. Thank you!

User Info Menu

Try Peter Wagonner at Lavonne Music Savage Mn 952,890-7288

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D'Aquisto Fan
    I’m still looking for an original Gibson JS pickup with good output. Please let me know if you have one for sale. Thank you!
    Sorry my lead didn’t work out. That pickup seems to have gone missing somehow. I still hope it shows up, but I’m beginning to lose hope. Good luck in your search.
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by jads57
    Try Peter Wagonner at Lavonne Music Savage Mn 952,890-7288
    Thanks for the lead. I appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by floatingpickup
    Sorry my lead didn’t work out. That pickup seems to have gone missing somehow. I still hope it shows up, but I’m beginning to lose hope. Good luck in your search.
    Keith
    No worries, Keith. I appreciate the help. If that pickup surfaces I will still be interested. Thank you!

User Info Menu

Peter Wagonner at Lavonne Music is great to deal with and knows tons about archtops.In fact back in the late 70s he owned quite the collection of vintage
    Gibson's as well as Epiphone guitars.

User Info Menu

Geez DF. I sold my last 3 earlier this yr, one new old stock bought by a forum member that lives a couple blocks away.
    I'll keep my eyes peeled...

Quote Originally Posted by jads57
    Peter Wagonner at Lavonne Music is great to deal with and knows tons about archtops.In fact back in the late 70s he owned quite the collection of vintage
    Gibson's as well as Epiphone guitars.
    I put a call into Peter. I’m hoping to hear back from him tomorrow. Thank you for the heads-up!

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    Geez DF. I sold my last 3 earlier this yr, one new old stock bought by a forum member that lives a couple blocks away.
    I'll keep my eyes peeled...
    No worries, wintermoon. I appreciate it!

User Info Menu

I noticed there is one offered for sale in France at the Zikinf website. I am not an expert enough to tell if it is real and to be clear± it is not mine....but here you go
    Micro Gibson "Johnny Smith" d’occasion

Quote Originally Posted by hotpepper01
    I noticed there is one offered for sale in France at the Zikinf website. I am not an expert enough to tell if it is real and to be clear± it is not mine....but here you go
    Thank you. I'll check it out. Appreciate the heads-up!

Quote Originally Posted by hotpepper01
    Curious if anyone has definitive thoughts on the JS pickup in the above link. Weird that it has 3 holes on the mounting bracket rather than 2. The wire seems to come out in a different place than others I've seen as well.

Thanks!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D'Aquisto Fan
    Curious if anyone has definitive thoughts on the JS pickup in the above link. Weird that it has 3 holes on the mounting bracket rather than 2. The wire seems to come out in a different place than others I've seen as well.

Thanks!
    My 1953 L7 came with a Shadow Attila Zoller PU which had three holes on the treble side. Two for the screws to attach the PU and one more to house the screw to attach the pickguard which was stuck through that third hole into the neck extension. The wire on my 1976 JS PU looks the same and comes out in the same place.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNote
    My 1953 L7 came with a Shadow Attila Zoller PU which had three holes on the treble side. Two for the screws to attach the PU and one more to house the screw to attach the pickguard which was stuck through that third hole into the neck extension. The wire on my 1976 JS PU looks the same and comes out in the same place.
    Thanks, JazzNote!