Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 17 of 17

User Info Menu

For sale my Ibanez GB-15. In mint condition.

Will consider exchange + cash for Yamaha SA2200. 2000 euros.

.Ibanez GB-15-img_3226-jpgIbanez GB-15-img_3227-jpgIbanez GB-15-img_3228-jpgIbanez GB-15-img_3225-jpgIbanez GB-15-img_3224-jpgIbanez GB-15-img_3223-jpgIbanez GB-15-img_3222-jpgIbanez GB-15-img_3221-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Where are you located?

User Info Menu

Beautiful GB15!

Those had a slightly wider nut, which I liked. And very warm, sweet tones.

Here are the specs:

Ibanez :: Hollow Guitars :: GB15

Good luck with your sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    Where are you located?
    Just moved to Amsterdam!

User Info Menu

I think that single pickup 15 is kinda rare, yes? Very cool guitar.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kekkuli View Post
    Just moved to Amsterdam!
    Damn brexit - i would've totally bought it. GLWTS!

Quote Originally Posted by aborodya View Post
    Damn brexit - i would've totally bought it. GLWTS!
    Yeah sucks balls.

By the way. This guitar is LOUD unamplified. Drove my wife nuts.

User Info Menu

Maybe this helps :

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gitfiddler View Post
    Beautiful GB15!

Those had a slightly wider nut, which I liked. And very warm, sweet tones.

Here are the specs:

Ibanez :: Hollow Guitars :: GB15

Good luck with your sale.
    I don’t get what the switch does.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound View Post
    Coil tap. Completely pointless.

User Info Menu

Back when I owned a GB15 I also thought the two-way toggle switch was odd for a single pickup jazz box. The switch basically cancelled one of the coils in the Super 58 humbucker, making it a single coil. The resulting tone wasn't unpleasant but it was similar to what a hollow body Strat might sound like it it had flatwound strings. It did give the guitar a bit more tonal range. I viewed it as kind of a novelty, but I rarely used it.

I feel the same way about a three-way switch on dual humbucker archtops. I mostly use the neck pickup. Sometimes, depending on the amp or the tune I'm playing, I'll use the middle position, rolling back the bridge pickup volume a bit. However, I never use the bridge pickup alone.

Ibanez has a history of putting their 'Tri-Sound' mini-toggle switches on their solid body and semi-hollowbody guitars, but the GB15 is the only archtop I've seen with a coil split/cancelling control.

That said, GB15's are rare, high quality instruments. I hope this one goes to a good home.

User Info Menu

Man, best looking GB I have seen...impressed!

User Info Menu

Very attractive overall, and excellent tailpiece.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gitfiddler View Post

Ibanez has a history of putting their 'Tri-Sound' mini-toggle switches on their solid body and semi-hollowbody guitars, but the GB15 is the only archtop I've seen with a coil split.
    That’s interesting, because the spec sheet you linked to says it’s the Tri-Sound, whatever that is. Couldn’t figure it out from the picture.

User Info Menu

That’s interesting, because the spec sheet you linked to says it’s the Tri-Sound, whatever that is. Couldn’t figure it out from the picture.
    Well, that's Ibanez for you.

One of my favourite of all the GB models. Pared down to its essential no nonsense jazz core, I loved the finish, which no photos can do. justice to; a deeply translucent burgundy finish with wood grain highlighted. They did originally come with a case and a gig bag as standard outfitting, a nod to its dedicated design as a gigging instrument. One of the nicest gig bags in their own right, somehow I have yet to see a used GB15 where an owner hasn't "retained" that elusive gig bag.
    That coil tap is a little debatable, but it did add something of the old D'Armond single coil vibe when the switch was flipped. That steel grey metal anodizing is very tasteful.
    I think it has the most serious working man's professional guitar vibe of the GB's.

User Info Menu