Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 21 of 21
    I'm selling an extremely clean vintage mid 1990s Gibson Tal Farlow hollow body electric jazz guitar with sunburst finish and beautiful scroll style inlay on the cutaway. This USA made instrument has been well cared for and seems to have spent most of its life in the original Gibson case. For some reason the case is missing the combination lock. I don't know why, but I believe replacements are available. The price is $4,999.99 with $100.00 insured shipping. I'm certainly open to offers, and all reasonable ones will be seriously considered. Payment is via Paypal. Buyer pays all shipping costs. Feel free to ask all the questions you want, but please ask them before you buy. This item is being sold "as is" with no returns.
    Attached Images Attached Images 1990s Gibson Tal Farlow Jazz Guitar-img_1284-jpg 

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wordguitarist
    I'm selling an extremely clean vintage mid 1990s Gibson Tal Farlow hollow body electric jazz guitar with sunburst finish and beautiful scroll style inlay on the cutaway. This USA made instrument has been well cared for and seems to have spent most of its life in the original Gibson case. For some reason the case is missing the combination lock. I don't know why, but I believe replacements are available. The price is $4,999.99 with $100.00 insured shipping. I'm certainly open to offers, and all reasonable ones will be seriously considered. Payment is via Paypal. Buyer pays all shipping costs. Feel free to ask all the questions you want, but please ask them before you buy. This item is being sold "as is" with no returns.

User Info Menu

It’s a guitar. You don’t do yourself any favors by not having a full photo layout. Take many photos and many close up, not simply a single photo. Photos sell guitars, not words.

Yes, you are correct. I’m new to this thread and had some difficulty loading pics. There should be more soon.

Grace and Peace,

David

User Info Menu

You are not alone. Don’t be surprised if when do get them to load they are upside down or turned on an angle.
    That is a beloved guitar on this forum. Good luck with the sale.
    JD

User Info Menu

Yes, you are correct. I’m new to this thread and had some difficulty loading pics. There should be more soon.

Grace and Peace,

David
    PM them to me. I’ll ensure they’re done right

I also have the guitar listed on Reverb. More pics are available there. Here is the link:

https://reverb.com/item/40646288-vin...ow-body-guitar

I appreciate all the responses I have received thus far!

Done!

To the one who inquired about neck feel at the first fret and guitar weight I sincerely apologize. I accidentally deleted your message, and hope you see this info and pics.

The neck is very comfortable and not chunky at all. The guitar's weight - according to my bathroom scales - is approximately 7 lbs.
    Attached Images Attached Images 1990s Gibson Tal Farlow Jazz Guitar-img_1349-jpg 1990s Gibson Tal Farlow Jazz Guitar-img_1350-jpg 

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

FYI The neck depth is supposed to be measured without the strings. I loosen the strings and push them aside, then put two layers of painters tape on the fretboard and two layers on the back of the neck so the caliper doesn't scratch either.

User Info Menu

Wow! That's a beauty! GLWTS.

2B, you are awesome.

Lately, I been listening the 'Complete Verve Tal Farlow Sessions', 7 CD set. Very inspiring. Makes me want buy a nice Tal Farlow guitar. And, this one would do just fine, but I'm retired from buying right now. So someone else, please buy this guitar. It looks like a great one.

Mid-90s is Vintage? Man, I am getting old. Good luck with the sale!

Thanks for the heads up. I was going for something more approximate, but your way is much more precise. Here are a couple of pics showing the method you described.
    Attached Images Attached Images 1990s Gibson Tal Farlow Jazz Guitar-img_1354-jpg 1990s Gibson Tal Farlow Jazz Guitar-img_1355-jpg 

User Info Menu

YDDDYRRR

Sure looks like a 2001 to me. Or to the Gibson serial number gods.
    66 day Wed Mar. 7
    The fifth instrument stamped that day.

Yes, it's hard to believe the mid 90s were over twenty five years ago!

User Info Menu

Not hard at all if you have a 35 yr old kid

Thanks for the heads up. I’m not the original owner of the Tal, and I hadn’t researched the serial number. Based on the Gibson serial number data I’ve researched (and used in the past), the guitar very well could be a 2001 model.

I have a 34 year old drummer son in the family!

User Info Menu

I have a 34 year old drummer son in the family!
    My daughter is a *41yo* actress/singer on Broadway! (Doing online lessons during covid. )