User Info Menu

I know someone here has em. Hammertone?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Thanks. None of items in that link match what I’m looking for but Vic Wong makes some cool accessories.

User Info Menu

There used to be an outfit that made the D'Armond neck rods in repro (Island Music?) and I kick myself for not buying a couple (A friend got one and they are indistinguishable from an original). The Chinese made Guild reissue neck rods are too small for the vintage units. Vic Wong uses a 3D printer to make his stuff. I imagine that if someone got a vintage neck rod to him he could make something that would work, but it would not be perfect nor vintage correct.

[mention]omphalopsychos [/mention] did you ever find an option for these neck brackets on the FHC’s? I have Vic Wongs monkey on a stick too but would also really like to try mounting at the neck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by omphalopsychos View Post
    I know someone here has em. Hammertone?
    I have a more old Dearmond monkeys than I have sticks, so I'm in the same boat.
    Oot Greet!

User Info Menu

Guild guitars has new ones for sale on their website. $4.99 for nickel and $5.99 for gold.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyjr View Post
    Guild guitars has new ones for sale on their website. $4.99 for nickel and $5.99 for gold.
    out of stock and don't fit vintage units anyway

User Info Menu

Yeah, I snapped three of the Guild neck rods trying to bend them to fit my L7. So I'm just using instrument putty at the moment, which works okay. Gets a little loose in warm weather, and maybe deadens the top a bit. But it's not bad.

Vintage dearmond neck rod-img_5072-jpeg
    Last edited by Flat; 07-22-2021 at 05:47 PM.