User Info Menu

Collings i 30 LC Aged Walnut with Throbak p90 55/56 (MINT) 95 + Shipping and Fees-i-30-lc-jpeg

I got this new from the Music Emporium in 2019. It's modeled after a Gibson ES 330 but with a gorgeous brown walnut finish. Sonically it's wonderful. Collings designs are at the top of the engineering game; they know how to make an extremely resonant and dynamic instrument. This is fully hollow with trestle bracing, not too different from the bracing of the new Julian Lage signature model. I've owned a number of 50s Gibsons and the Throbak p90s are definitely the closest pickup I've heard to them in tone from any modern p90. The neck carve on Collings is also the most comfortable neck carve you could imagine.

This guitar features a gently aged finish from Collings. Unlike less sophisticated builders this does not mean they try to replicate abuse on the instrument or pass it through a paper shredder. Collings finish aging means that they lightly check the finish throughout the body (not the neck), tarnish the metal hardware a bit, and also apply some amber tint to the finish to simulate the natural aging of nitrocellulose lacquer. The result is an instrument that looks mature but well cared for, with an elegant patina.

With flatwounds, this is nearly identical to Grant Green's ES 330 in tone. With round wounds it kicks ass for blues & soul jazz. But really this is one of the most versatile guitar you can get. The comfort of a thin body with the full and dynamic sound of a hollow body.

I have it set up with 12s, medium action, and perfect intonation up the neck.

I haven't bothered with Reverb but I will probably list it there later. My preference is to list it here and sell it for a much lower price than I could on Reverb.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Bump for some more photos!
    Collings i 30 LC Aged Walnut with Throbak p90 55/56 (MINT) 95 + Shipping and Fees-img_7761-jpgCollings i 30 LC Aged Walnut with Throbak p90 55/56 (MINT) 95 + Shipping and Fees-img_7762-jpgCollings i 30 LC Aged Walnut with Throbak p90 55/56 (MINT) 95 + Shipping and Fees-img_7764-jpg

User Info Menu

Omg!!!!!!

User Info Menu

What is the lower bout width? It looks a bit smaller in the video. 15"?

15”

Sold!