Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posts 26 to 50 of 57
  1. #26

    User Info Menu

    The problem with EBay is that they always side with buyer - I had a fellow flat out lie during the arbitration process (claiming the color wasn’t as pictured in the listing). In reality he just didn’t like it for one reason or another and he realized taking advantage of the system was as simple as that. Selling online sucks even more than buying. On the bright side the hassle at either end has greatly abated my accumulation of gear.

  2.  

    The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
     
  3. #27

    User Info Menu

    Frankly I have NEVER seen what I considered a really good deal on Reverb. Add to that a high risk buy and Reverb not being customer focused.

    Jack file a cc dispute, get back your $ and cut the rope with Reverb forever. Reverb sounds as bad as UPS is.

  4. #28

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris236
    The problem with EBay is that they always side with buyer - I had a fellow flat out lie during the arbitration process (claiming the color wasn’t as pictured in the listing). In reality he just didn’t like it for one reason or another and he realized taking advantage of the system was as simple as that. Selling online sucks even more than buying. On the bright side the hassle at either end has greatly abated my accumulation of gear.

  5. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris236
    The problem with EBay is that they always side with buyer - I had a fellow flat out lie during the arbitration process (claiming the color wasn’t as pictured in the listing). In reality he just didn’t like it for one reason or another and he realized taking advantage of the system was as simple as that. Selling online sucks even more than buying. On the bright side the hassle at either end has greatly abated my accumulation of gear.
    Ebay doesn't always side with the buyer but they are limited by CC company terms and conditions. And the CC company is very picky about "all sales final" terms and will generally give a refund to the buyer if he shows that it was returned. In one case, I bought a guitar that had a warped neck. The seller claimed that it must have happened in shipping and advised me to file a complaint with UPS. I told him that he was the client of UPS and not me and that he needed to refund my money and take up a dispute with the shipper and I volunteered to cooperate with the shipper and take the instrument and box to UPS for them to examine. He flat-out refused. And ebay sided with him. So I contacted my CC company and they advised me to return it. I contacted the seller and asked if the return shipping address on the label was valid and he refused to validate the address so I paid for a reverse find on his name and phone # and confirmed it was his address and shipped it back to him. I emailed him and said he would be receiving the guitar back and gave him the tracking #. He advised me he would refuse to accept it.

    AND.HE.DID...

    The guitar got returned back to me!

    My CC company then sided with me and said he had forfeited any type of seller protection since he refused to accept it back. They reversed the transaction so at this point, they credited my account and then ebay/paypal debited *HIS* account. I figured they would cancel my account after that but they did not. So now, he doesn't have the guitar or the money.

    He contacted me a few days after he got charged for it, demanding I send it back to him AT.MY.COST!

    I refused and told him that I would ship it back if he sent me a pre-paid shipping label. He called me all sorts of names and insisted it was my fault that he refused to accept the package. I told him that legally, I could keep the guitar, get it fixed and sell it and that I didn't owe him anything. Unfortunately, he was totally unable to see any point of view but his. Eventually, he sent me a label and got his guitar back.

  6. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    Frankly I have NEVER seen what I considered a really good deal on Reverb. Add to that a high risk buy and Reverb not being customer focused.

    Jack file a cc dispute, get back your $ and cut the rope with Reverb forever. Reverb sounds as bad as UPS is.
    Add to this that when you factor in shipping and tax, the deal you think you got is many times negated...

  7. #31
    by the way, i just received a message from reverb saying they were asking the seller to confirm his return shipping address. Nothing else, just that. This is the 8th day since I originally notified them of the issue. I replied back to the email saying that I already had his shipping address and that wasn't the issue. The issue was him paying for return shipping. Nothing from that email. They said they will followup in 24 hours. Onto day 9 of this debacle...

    I did submit a BBB report.

  8. #32

    User Info Menu

    Caveat Emptor . . . would you ever marry a mail order bride? Nothing like a good workout to check the quality!
    Play live . . . Marinero

  9. #33
    I have had bad experiences with Reverb. You as you know can get a pretty good bass at a pawn shop for about 75$ as far as a Fender Squire goes.

  10. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Marinero
    Caveat Emptor . . . would you ever marry a mail order bride? Nothing like a good workout to check the quality!
    Play live . . . Marinero
    My sister in law met her husband online and he lived 2500 miles away. The first time they met was when he moved to cleveland to be with her. They've been married for 13 years and have an 11 year old daughter and are very happy!

  11. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by steve burchfield
    I have had bad experiences with Reverb. You as you know can get a pretty good bass at a pawn shop for about 75$ as far as a Fender Squire goes.
    This is a gary willis bass. They are very rare and have very specialized setup with lined, fretless, ebony fingerboard, special bartolini pickup and preamp, ramp for the fingers, etc. There are no gary willis basses in any stores in cleveland. Besides, we're still in the middle of a pandemic!

  12. #36

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by jzucker
    My sister in law met her husband online and he lived 2500 miles away. The first time they met was when he moved to cleveland to be with her. They've been married for 13 years and have an 11 year old daughter and are very happy!
    Hi, J,
    Congrats to them and the internet age. The above testimonial is very interesting. Were they aware of the modern convenience of airplanes? Just kidding. Great story! Play live . . . Marinero

  13. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Marinero
    Hi, J,
    Congrats to them and the internet age. The above testimonial is very interesting. Were they aware of the modern convenience of airplanes? Just kidding. Great story! Play live . . . Marinero
    i was corrected yesterday. Apparently, my SIL flew out to CA once before he moved to cleveland. So, I guess that would be akin to me flying to NY, trying out a bass and having it shipped back to me.

  14. #38

    User Info Menu

    Yeah, I’m not saying you were wrong of course - over the years I’ve had a couple returns I’ve made due to an ignorant seller not disclosing damage to an instrument. Lately it seems with EBay ,though, that they’ll always side with the buyer and force a return....even after weeks have past. As mentioned in my case all the buyer had to do was lie about the color being misrepresented. Even though there were accurate pictures in the listing and the buyer took and posted his OWN pictures during the arbitration process that looked (although the lighting was changed) the same! It was a no return listing but EBay will always side with the buyer nowadays and force a return on your dime.

  15. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris236
    Yeah, I’m not saying you were wrong of course - over the years I’ve had a couple returns I’ve made due to an ignorant seller not disclosing damage to an instrument. Lately it seems with EBay ,though, that they’ll always side with the buyer and force a return....even after weeks have past. As mentioned in my case all the buyer had to do was lie about the color being misrepresented. Even though there were accurate pictures in the listing and the buyer took and posted his OWN pictures during the arbitration process that looked (although the lighting was changed) the same! It was a no return listing but EBay will always side with the buyer nowadays and force a return on your dime.
    Again, that's not ebay's fault. They capitulate to the credit card companies and almost any credit card company will side with the buyer if the item was returned. I think ebay and paypal and even reverb tried to fight this but eventually realized that if the customer issues a charge-back, there's not much they can do. The difference is that reverb regularly threatens buyers if the mention chargeback. Reverb also posted some personal information about me on this forum once when I complained about a bad transaction. They really are not a good company.

  16. #40

    User Info Menu

    I used to love buy and sell on Reverb, but after the Etsy buy, as a seller, I had nothing but headaches. I've since deleted my account, and refuse to do business through the platform.

  17. #41

    User Info Menu

    I don’t think there is a great way to sell online nowadays....too easy for the buyer to put the seller in a bad position through a return and/or haggling for money back after the POS.

  18. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris236
    I don’t think there is a great way to sell online nowadays....too easy for the buyer to put the seller in a bad position through a return and/or haggling for money back after the POS.
    i'd rather buy or sell on thegearpage or here or facebook TBH...

  19. #43
    they finally sent me a return label yesterday evening so it's now on its way back to the seller.

  20. #44

    User Info Menu

    I just got an email form "Reverb" titled "Important Information about your Reverb Account" that included a link that I could click on to change my password. Yeah, right.

    Nothing to blame on reverb or relevant to this thread, but I thought I would pass along the always timely advice that messages like that are almost always pfishing emails.

  21. #45

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by nopedals
    I just got an email form "Reverb" titled "Important Information about your Reverb Account" that included a link that I could click on to change my password. Yeah, right.

    Nothing to blame on reverb or relevant to this thread, but I thought I would pass along the always timely advice that messages like that are almost always pfishing emails.
    The ones I got are legit, but good point - not a good idea to click on any suspect email links and type in your password.

  22. #46

    User Info Menu

    Yeah I'm pretty sure it's legit but you're right not to click an email link from Reverb or even your bank. If there's an issue with your account, log in on the website or contact them directly. Scamming / phishing is one of the largest financial fraud threats today.

  23. #47

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by omphalopsychos
    Yeah I'm pretty sure it's legit but you're right not to click an email link from Reverb or even your bank. If there's an issue with your account, log in on the website or contact them directly. Scamming / phishing is one of the largest financial fraud threats today.
    It’s posted on their web site. But I agree, if the email includes a URL, it’s best to ignore it and go to their page.
    Important Information about Your Reverb Account – Help Center Home

  24. #48

    User Info Menu

    Reverb is worst company ever.
    They lie, seem to talk with robots.

    Ebay is much better

  25. #49

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by archtopdream63
    Reverb is worst company ever.
    They lie, seem to talk with robots.

    Ebay is much better
    Facebook has entered the chat.

  26. #50

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by archtopdream63
    Reverb is worst company ever.
    They lie, seem to talk with robots.

    Ebay is much better
    Ebay is fine for the buyer but can be awful for the seller. It is standard protocol to take the side of the buyer 100% of the time.