User Info Menu

I am selling my 1994 Gretsch G6040 Synchromatic (1949 reissue) to make room for another archtop acquisition. This guitar plays like a dream and the High Sensitive Filtertron neck pickup makes this guitar sound like the classic late '50's sound many of us are seeking. Store - Austin Vintage Guitars
    I would take $2100 for it.
    It was Adam Moezinia's gigging guitar in NYC for almost 10 years so it is a players guitar. Here is him playing it on a gig.
    Dan

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

There seems to be a bias against Filterons in jazz archtops. I have heard them beautifully employed for that purpose. To me, they have a slight single coil sparkle to them.

User Info Menu

I saw recently that Heritage guitars "gost" build similar type guitars. The interior label was Heritage in that particular guitar. Would this be one of those?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Grass
    There seems to be a bias against Filterons in jazz archtops. I have heard them beautifully employed for that purpose. To me, they have a slight single coil sparkle to them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat
    I saw recently that Heritage guitars "gost" build similar type guitars. The interior label was Heritage in that particular guitar. Would this be one of those?
    This is made in the Terada factory I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Grass
    This is made in the Terada factory I think.
    The sound is what you hear in the video. It is the exact same guitar (I bought it from Adam). I have had guitars with vintage P-90’s (one of which, my ‘49 ES-350, which I will post for sale soon), vintage DeArmonds, Classic 57 Humbuckers, Kent Armstrong Humbuckers, Lollar Johnny Smiths, Lollar CC’s, and have played archtops with true PAF’s. This Synchromatic with this ‘94’ish Filtertron holds its own with many of those and has a warm, lush tone.
    Dan