User Info Menu

Just to be clear, the type I am looking for is the type that was introduced in the late 60s after the Zig Zag type. Does it even have a name? Failing all else will consider a repro to keep me going.

UK source would be most convenient for all but not a deal breaker.

Many thanks for looking.
    Last edited by Rograt; 04-07-2021 at 07:10 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

As far as I understand, Fred's Guitar Parts only sells to professionnal in the field of luthiery or music, and require a certificate of this activity to proceed your order
    But you can ask your luthier or music store to buy this for you.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rograt
    Just to be clear, the type I am looking for is the type that was introduced in the late 60s after the Zig Zag type. Does it even have a name? Failing all else will consider a repro to keep me going.

UK source would be most convenient for all but not a deal breaker.

Many thanks for looking.

User Info Menu

Thanks all. The item is also showing on order on Fred’s site. I have since seen a Chinese item that might fill the gap but I would really like to put an original Gibson tailpiece on my new (early 70s) otherwise completely original 175.Gibson ES-175D Trapeze Tailpiece Only - Ideally late 60s / early 70s-a7d7ad67-6eb4-472b-b078-32dd95eb1c49-jpeg

User Info Menu

I might have what you are looking for.

The photo of the ES 175 that preceeds this post has what I call a "stair step" or "zig zag" style trapeze tailpiece. I have one I want to sell that came off of a 1967. You can see photos of the tailpiece on my guitar dating back to the early 70's on my personal webpage. GregErnstMusic.com/photos/

If this interests you, feel free to email me and I will send you closeup photos. Its in mint condition. GregErnstMusic@gmail.com

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GregErnstMusic
    I might have what you are looking for.

The photo of the ES 175 that preceeds this post has what I call a "stair step" or "zig zag" style trapeze tailpiece. I have one I want to sell that came off of a 1967. You can see photos of the tailpiece on my guitar dating back to the early 70's on my personal webpage. GregErnstMusic.com/photos/

If this interests you, feel free to email me and I will send you closeup photos. Its in mint condition. GregErnstMusic@gmail.com
    I believe he said he's looking for the straight t.p. that came on 175's after the zigzag..
    like this....

User Info Menu

Still looking? Sent you a DM.
    Gibson ES-175D Trapeze Tailpiece Only - Ideally late 60s / early 70s-84303fbd-aebb-4450-9e6a-4fcdf8ee67c4-jpgGibson ES-175D Trapeze Tailpiece Only - Ideally late 60s / early 70s-b61b2879-cf01-4993-a68d-9f582f775237-jpg