User Info Menu

It’s time to thin the guitar book and CD library!

I began playing jazz guitar in 2011 and like a lot of beginners, I searched for and collected a large library of books and CD/DVD’s - many based on recommendations of forum members, others based on reviews. Most are jazz-related. I will update the list from time to time, so check back again if books are your thing.

A FEW WORDS ABOUT THIS SALE

• Condition: The majority of these books are in like-new condition, and for the most part, they are free of highlights and pen or pencil marks. Covers are clean and crisp. Exceptions are noted. Apologies in advance if I missed a random scribble!
    • Prices: All books are priced at 50% of the printed cover price unless noted.
    • Shipping: $3 per book via USPS Media Mail.
    • Buying: send me a PM with book titles you want and I'll send you instructions for payment.

SONG BOOKS (play-a-along with CD)

• Jazz Standards for Solo Guitar by John Stein | Berklee Press | $10
    • Jazz Greats | Hal Leonard Vol 44 | $7.50
    • Jazz | Hal Leonard Vol 16 | $8.00
    • Jazz in the Sanctuary by Chuck Marohnic | $10
    • The Ventures | Hal Leonard Vol 116 | $7.50
    • Early Rock Instrumentals | Hal Leonard Vol 92 | $6.50
    • Original Jeff Beck by Mark Michaels | $5
    • Joe Satriani: is there love in space? | $12
    • Christmas Favorites 2nd Edition: easy guitar with notes and tab | $5

METHOD BOOKS (with CD)

• Dave Stryker’s Jazz Guitar Improvisation Method Vol. II | $12.50
    • The Jazz Guitar Handbook by Rod Fogg | $15
    • A Modern Method for Guitar Volume 1 by William Leavitt | Berklee Press | This book includes highlights and pencil & pens markings on ups 1-71 of 125. Otherwise in good condition. Includes DVD. |$10
    • A Modern Method for Guitar Volume 2 by William Leavitt | Berklee Press | $12
    • A Modern Method for Guitar Jazz Songbook Volume 1 | Berklee Press | New $14.99 | $7.50
    • Joe Pass on Guitar | $10
    • Beginning Jazz Guitar: the complete jazz guitar method (book) by Jody Fisher | $15
    • Beginning Jazz Guitar: the complete jazz guitar method (DVD) by Jody Fisher | $10
    • Source Code: The Precision Technique by Robert Conti | $15
    • Ticket To Improv by Robert Conti (DVD) | $10
    • Chord Tone Soloing by Barrett Tagliarino | $12.50
    • Pat Metheny Guitar Etudes: warm-up exercises for guitar | $8 (CD was not included)
    • Guitar Theory Illustrated by Don Latarski | $12.50

JAMEY AEBERSOLD JAZZ (includes play-along CD)

• Maiden Voyage Vol. 54 | autographed by Jamey | $8
    • Killer Joe Vol. 70 | $8
    • Horace Silver Vol. 17 | $10
    • Antonio Carlos Jobim Bossa Nova Vol 98 | $8

GENERAL INTEREST (Reading)

• Voices in Jazz Guitar by Joe Barth | $15
    • Improvising Jazz by Jerry Coker | $7
    • The Gibson Electric Guitar Book by Walter Carter | $12.50
    Last edited by 3rdwaverider; 03-23-2021 at 09:44 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quite a collection you have there. Are you keeping a lot for yourself or only a few books?

They say you can tell a man's hobby by what he spends money on. It is clear you went all in!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AlsoRan
    Quite a collection you have there. Are you keeping a lot for yourself or only a few books?
    Oh yes, I have a great library of Aebersold backing tracks; woodshed stuff like Blues in All Keys, Major and Minor, ii-V-I, and Dom 7 Workout. I have some great books on Gibson guitars, and some wonderful player bios (Martino, Green, Montgomery, Metheny), and the Real Book collection continues to grow!

User Info Menu

Sale Closed. Thank you, all for looking and buying.

I have donated the remaining books to the local library.

Cheers and stay in tune!