Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 13 of 13

User Info Menu

Re-listing this with a new price. At this price, you will not find a better flamenco guitar than this 2019 Camps Primera blanca made in Spain. Solid spruce top, solid cypress back and sides, ebony fretboard, lacquer finish, great playability (action at the 12 fret is about 3 mm), great intonation, and this guitar is a cannon! Weighing in at 4 lbs (yes, you heard that right), This guitar is incredibly responsive with great flamenco pura tone. These guitars represent the best value in the flamenco market. It plays and sounds like a master built guitar at four times my listing price. These are really fabulous instruments. There are a few small thumbnail marks above the golpeadore, but the guitar is in excellent condition. This is a gem, guys! I’m only selling to make room for a very special classical. If you have had any inclination about exploring flamenco, this is a great opportunity for you. HSC included.

$900 + buyer pays fees & shipping.

NEW PRICE 2019 Camps Primera Blanca-14545bfd-be08-47be-b83f-452f3688e407-jpgNEW PRICE 2019 Camps Primera Blanca-fe8413b6-53a8-4a1c-b405-82df8b6ee378-jpgNEW PRICE 2019 Camps Primera Blanca-f6b8b51b-39ae-4a88-8fee-42ffd764e6f2-jpgNEW PRICE 2019 Camps Primera Blanca-9d80f4be-fcd5-43ce-93a9-ea6d68982a8a-jpgNEW PRICE 2019 Camps Primera Blanca-77e3676c-e1f4-4fd4-9798-26a6e7826d26-jpgNEW PRICE 2019 Camps Primera Blanca-00f0f98d-2d24-4bbb-827a-c2242c99113c-jpg

Last edited by Mark M.; 04-10-2021 at 11:31 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

All: If you send me a PM and don’t hear back promptly, please email me at markmertens3(at)gmail(dot)com. I don’t seem to be getting PM notifications like I should. Thanks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M.
    ... I’m only selling to make room for a very special classical.
    Tell us more..?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Neverisky
    Tell us more..?
    I just made a deposit with Mijail Kharash in Granada, Spain to build a cedar/Indian rosewood classical. I bought a world class flamenco negra built by Jose Gonzalez Lopez last year, and now there’s no going back. I will probably have Kharash build a blanca for me when this one is finished. Here’s what the top will look like:

NEW PRICE 2019 Camps Primera Blanca-7c9f3606-4548-4a3d-9a3d-35a926c168ab-jpegNEW PRICE 2019 Camps Primera Blanca-e3794183-31c2-404e-854b-bff17511a632-jpegNEW PRICE 2019 Camps Primera Blanca-50e2bf51-1693-4112-8f4a-e89678a3ed4f-jpeg

Bump. Don’t snooze on this Camps,guys.

Bump with new price.

Price drop to $900. If you have any desire for a reasonably priced flamenco guitar that plays and sounds great, you should check this out. It is really a remarkable guitar for the money.

User Info Menu

Mark, sorry for ignorance, but what is difference between a flamenco guitar and a Classical?

Quote Originally Posted by DMgolf66 View Post
    Mark, sorry for ignorance, but what is difference between a flamenco guitar and a Classical?
    Hi Darren. Primarily, there are a few things: Flamencos tend to have lower action and a golpeadore (pickguard that is usually clear on modern flamencos like this one) to accommodate the technique. Golpe is the tapping on the top with the RH ring finger or thumb, so the top needs to be protected. Flamencos are braced a little differently (lighter, I think) as well to produce a more forward (brighter) sound and attack. The more traditional flamencos (like this one) have sides and back made from cypress, which is also a bit brighter than rosewood. Cypress seems similar to maple to my ears.

Altogether, it produces the sharp, percussive sound of flamenco with a quick attack and rapid decay. This one very much matches that description. It’s very resonant and loud with a very pure flamenco sound. It plays exceptionally well and is light as a feather.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M. View Post
    Hi Darren. Primarily, there are a few things: Flamencos tend to have lower action and a golpeadore (pickguard that is usually clear on modern flamencos like this one) to accommodate the technique. Golpe is the tapping on the top with the RH ring finger or thumb, so the top needs to be protected. Flamencos are braced a little differently (lighter, I think) as well to produce a more forward (brighter) sound and attack. The more traditional flamencos (like this one) have sides and back made from cypress, which is also a bit brighter than rosewood. Cypress seems similar to maple to my ears.

Altogether, it produces the sharp, percussive sound of flamenco with a quick attack and rapid decay. This one very much matches that description. It’s very resonant and loud with a very pure flamenco sound. It plays exceptionally well and is light as a feather.
    One can also observe that a Flamenco guitar's headstock tilts backwards at a slightly greater angle than a classical's. What's the reason for that, I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by Donplaysguitar View Post
    One can also observe that a Flamenco guitar's headstock tilts backwards at a slightly greater angle than a classical's. What's the reason for that, I wonder?
    Yes, I think so. Probably for additional string tension, though I’m not an expert.

User Info Menu

My thoughts exactly