Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 18 of 18

User Info Menu

Hi y’all. Long time lurker here

many deals on the gear page, the bay, and reverb (lately)

Thought I’d post here, in hopes of finding a good one. I kind of want a thin to medium neck. I’ve heard good things about late 80s, late 90s, but I’m open. Looking for double humbuckers.

please PM me if you have one you’re willing to sell. Photos and pics please!! :-)

also if you have advice where else to find one, please help! I wish there was a vintage guitar shop in Colorado...
    Stay safe

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WeenRulez
    Hi y’all. Long time lurker here

many deals on the gear page, the bay, and reverb (lately)

Thought I’d post here, in hopes of finding a good one. I kind of want a thin to medium neck. I’ve heard good things about late 80s, late 90s, but I’m open. Looking for double humbuckers.

please PM me if you have one you’re willing to sell. Photos and pics please!! :-)

also if you have advice where else to find one, please help! I wish there was a vintage guitar shop in Colorado...
    Stay safe
    ES-175s are wonderful jazz guitars. Good luck in your quest!

User Info Menu

I’ve a 2010 sunburst for sell. Mint condition guitar that’s seen little use.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    I’ve a 2010 sunburst for sell. Mint condition guitar that’s seen little use.

id love to hear the details. thank you! please pm me when you have a chance
    cheers

User Info Menu

Not sure where you are located in Colorado but there is a neat vintage guitar shop in Arvada called Olde Town Pickin’ Parlor and they do have archtops available, but no ES-175’s right now: Olde Town Pickin' Parlor. Kit is the owner. Also, Arvada was the town where the Rocky Mountain Archtop Festival was held back in September 2019 and hosted by Peter Henriksen of Henriksen Amps: Rocky Mountain Archtop Festival. It wasn’t held in 2020 because of COVID and not sure about 2021. But definitely keep an eye out to see if it will be held in the future as it is definitely worth attending.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Eisele
    Not sure where you are located in Colorado but there is a neat vintage guitar shop in Arvada called Olde Town Pickin’ Parlor and they do have archtops available, but no ES-175’s right now: Olde Town Pickin' Parlor. Kit is the owner. Also, Arvada was the town where the Rocky Mountain Archtop Festival was held back in September 2019 and hosted by Peter Henriksen of Henriksen Amps: Rocky Mountain Archtop Festival. It wasn’t held in 2020 because of COVID and not sure about 2021. But definitely keep an eye out to see if it will be held in the future as it is definitely worth attending.
    yup! Thanks Bill! I spoke with Kit already and I’m on the waiting list; should something turn up. Thank you!

FYI, with no affiliation:

Gibson ES-175 1954 – Carter Vintage Guitars

And from forum member "Herbie":

Gibson ES-175 Memphis Custom VOS 1959 1PU

Good luck and

User Info Menu

2010 ES175 sold to WR. It’s nearly new. Take care of this guitar! Thanks for your prompt payment.

Gibson ES-175-6c417961-6634-471e-b3fb-5f7d58e5c2ed-jpg

Gibson ES-175-a5d0c070-bb98-428a-94e3-72813e385d95-jpg

User Info Menu

nice 2b...& congrats weenrulez

now push the little daisies and make them come up, with it!! haha

cheers

User Info Menu

2b, are you giving up on the guitar? Do you have any left?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stringswinger
    2b, are you giving up on the guitar? Do you have any left?
    Hey SS. I’ve 2 nylons left. I’m mainly doing Bossa Nova anyway. I held on to that ES175 for 5 years. The thing can’t be told from new. It’s a pretty one!

User Info Menu

btw, that was my 100th guitar sold. What a way to end, huh!

Those were the days.

User Info Menu

I played that one on the right! That was a nice guitar Greg!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skykomishone
    I played that one on the right! That was a nice guitar Greg!
    Yes you did. Wasn't that when we met when I posted it for sale? You should have bought that guitar for a lowly $3200, with its 9 layers of headstock binding.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    Yes you did. Wasn't that when we met when I posted it for sale? You should have bought that guitar for a lowly $3200, with its 9 layers of headstock binding.
    I called you back, but it was too late! You had already sold it! My bad, I hesitated. But, I got a friend out of the deal!

Indeed! Greg has hooked me up, and I can’t wait for its arrival. Thank you to all that reached out, and sent best wishes! For a first time forum deal, you all have been very gracious. I intend to play it daily!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blues

FYI, with no affiliation:

Gibson ES-175 1954 – Carter Vintage Guitars

And from forum member "Herbie"

Gibson ES-175 Memphis Custom VOS 1959 1PU

Good luck and

Hi, MB,
    Joe Robinson is a monster! Great personal voice. Play live . . . Marinero

Quote Originally Posted by Marinero
    Hi, MB,
    Joe Robinson is a monster! Great personal voice. Play live . . . Marinero
    That he Marinero! My eyes were having trouble keeping up with him.