User Info Menu

DV Mark DV 50 M Head

no affiliation , just passing it on...

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

This is a great offer. Even if no-one seems to use any built-in drive channels anymore (actually an on-board effect on this one), this is a versatile amp which I have been using to demo my cabs. The clean is the same as in the other Micro 50s; dark to some, perfect for others. They're called Micro 60s now, but that appears to be just a cosmetic trick: formerly 50W to 8 ohms, 60W to 4 ohms, now 60W to 4 ohms, 50W to 8 ohms... People are divided on the reverb, which becomes chorusy-tipsy on higher settings. For me, that just adds to versatility, as it's fine with acoustic flattops.

User Info Menu

P.S. I'd stay out of buying it outside UK. The Brexit soup is still thick, and while you may avoid the UK VAT, there's red tape (exports declaration = time and money) at the shipping end and customs clearance, plus local VAT (again time and money) at the receiving end. While shippers handle part of this, they also charge for their services. My only post-Brexit experience with UK was a shipment to Sheffield in early January, when two of my three usual service-providers refused and one doubled their rate, plus sat on the parcel for two weeks. It would be interesting to hear about more recent experiences both ways. I bet Andertons and other UK vendors have lost international market share to intra-EU operators. How's the UK-USA axis working?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gitterbug
    P.S. I'd stay out of buying it outside UK. The Brexit soup is still thick, and while you may avoid the UK VAT, there's red tape (exports declaration = time and money) at the shipping end and customs clearance, plus local VAT (again time and money) at the receiving end. While shippers handle part of this, they also charge for their services. My only post-Brexit experience with UK was a shipment to Sheffield in early January, when two of my three usual service-providers refused and one doubled their rate, plus sat on the parcel for two weeks. It would be interesting to hear about more recent experiences both ways. I bet Andertons and other UK vendors have lost international market share to intra-EU operators. How's the UK-USA axis working?
    Well I recently imported a pedal from the US and that was also expensive.

It’s a mess. Sorry if it’s affecting your business. I have no idea if there’s any push from government to sort this out. You’d think there would be, but with this lot, who knows?

User Info Menu

Christian, thanks to my alert here in early December, managed to send a few Metros to the UK just before the curtain dropped. The Sheffield case was most unfortunate; the client made his first contact in early October but, newly moved to the UK, couldn't get his banking arrangements sorted out on time. Only 109 messages back and forth... Self-determination is a noble concept but I don't think most Britons felt they were enslaved by Brussels until gaslighted by Brexiteers to believe so. Sorry if I'm offending someone.
    Last edited by Gitterbug; 02-23-2021 at 09:29 AM.

User Info Menu

I recently bought something from the UK, and had no troubles. The shipping wasn't cheap, but not outrageous. Customs only held it up for a day or two, no duties charged. I have no idea about shipping the other way, however. I've never had to pay for anything from overseas, from any country.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell
    I recently bought something from the UK, and had no troubles. The shipping wasn't cheap, but not outrageous. Customs only held it up for a day or two, no duties charged. I have no idea about shipping the other way, however. I've never had to pay for anything from overseas, from any country.
    My understanding is that duties are being levied if the value of the shipment exceeds 800 USD. USA is a heaven to send things to, compared to e.g. Canada.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gitterbug
    Christian, thanks to my alert here in early December, managed to send a few Metros to the UK just before the curtain dropped. The Sheffield case was most unfortunate; the client made his first contact in early October but, newly moved to the UK, couldn't get his banking arrangements sorted out on time. Only 109 messages back and forth... Self-determination is a noble concept but I don't think most Britons felt they were enslaved by Brussels until gaslighted by Brexiteers to believe so. Sorry if I'm offending someone.
    Anti EU punditry has been going on for decades in the tabloid press. Whether or not that directly swayed people or simply reflected a common popular sentiment, I can’t say. Probably a bit of both.

Whatever the reasons Brexit had been brewing for a long time.
    Last edited by christianm77; 02-28-2021 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by christianm77
    Anti EU punditry has been going on for decades in the tabloid press. Whether or not that directly swayed people or simply reflected a common popular sentiment, I can’t say. Probably a bit of both.

Whatever the reasons Brexit had been brewing for a long time.
    yes the issue has split Britain in half ....
    I'm pro Europe but
    I'm not allowed to talk about it amongst
    some of my partners family now ....
    because it causes upsets
    pathetic