Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11

User Info Menu

The guys who make two of the pickups I'm interested in are suffering from covid-related delays. I could wait until they've cleared backlogs etc, or I could see if anyone here is selling something along the lines I'm looking for, namely a P90 or CC-type single coil for the neck position, HB slot.

Cheers

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Have you reached out to Pete @
    http://www.vintagevibeguitars.com/

User Info Menu

Don't know of their stocking, but I've really enjoyed using the Seymour Duncan Phat Cat. Really nice P90 tone in a humbucker mount.

User Info Menu

Seymour Duncan P-Rails will give you several options in a humbucker size. Or a DiMarzio Bluesbucker.

User Info Menu

Bareknuckle.

User Info Menu

I was pretty happy with the Lollar CC HB size.

User Info Menu

The Vintage Vibe was already on my radar and I know "Pete" gets v. good feedback in general. Their CC Rider is not for an HB slot, I think. I'm also aware of the P-Rails, Lollar but not Bareknuckle, so will check the last one out.

It's curious that the two at the top of my list (Harmonic Design Z90 and The Creamery HB Charlie Christian) have not been mentioned thus far.

I get the impression that the Phat Cat is where it all started and would probably grab one meanwhile, if offered at the right price. Those Z90s are few and far between on the net!

Thanks for the replies!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Peter C
    The Vintage Vibe was already on my radar and I know "Pete" gets v. good feedback in general. Their CC Rider is not for an HB slot, I think. I'm also aware of the P-Rails, Lollar but not Bareknuckle, so will check the last one out.

It's curious that the two at the top of my list (Harmonic Design Z90 and The Creamery HB Charlie Christian) have not been mentioned thus far.

I get the impression that the Phat Cat is where it all started and would probably grab one meanwhile, if offered at the right price. Those Z90s are few and far between on the net!

Thanks for the replies!
    The Seymour Duncan Phat Cat is available and in-stock on Amazon at $90.

User Info Menu

I've got a Pete Biltoft HCC (humbucker sized CC style pickup) that is not currently in a guitar, and would be willing to sell it.

Humbucker-size Blade Style Single Coil Pickups

Black bobbin, rectangular rather than angled edges. I don't have the alternate magnet. PM me if interested.

User Info Menu