Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 12 of 12

User Info Menu

*SOLD*
    Up for sale, a 1959 Harmony H62 archtop ($1,500 + shipping) in very good condition, featuring its original pair of Gibson-made P-13 pickups.

16 1/2" lower bout, 3 1/2" body depth, 1 3/4" in width.
    According to my digital bathroom scale the guitar also weighs 6.6 lbs.
    Frets are original with plenty of life left and the guitar has low, comfortable action.

According to the original catalog description, the "Harmony Model H62 double pickup guitar is designed for the fullest possible expression of modern guitar technique, affording sharp treble tones, deep bass, and all the in-between shadings which may be desired in lead or rhythm work."

The neck has a very round and chunky C shaped profile that fills the palm with generous shoulders while still being very easy to chord.
    The inlaid "Harmony" logo and fleur de lis look great on the Brazilian rosewood headstock veneer, and are completely intact. The original Waverly tuning machines all turn smoothly and hold pitch well.

All of the electronics work as they should, with individual Volume and Tone controls for each pickup and original brown cupcake knobs. The original transparent pickup rings (a very dark, nearly black looking tortoise), diamond switch surround, and long baton switch tip are intact. There is no pickguard and the bridge has been replaced although I include the original Brazilian rosewood bridge (which would require a bit of restoration) in the sale The carved Brazilian rosewood bridge with bone saddle is original, along with the nickel harp tailpiece. The H62 model stamp is visible through the F holes and inked into the inside of the back of the instrument along with the '59 date stamp.

Cosmetically, the guitar has been well kept and is in good overall condition. The nitro lacquer finish is 100% original. The spruce top shows light vertical lacquer checking and the guitar on the whole has some smaller nicks and scuffs and a small scrape on the back of the neck, but absolutely nothing particularly of major consequence.

This vintage Harmony H62 is clean, complete, and sounds exceptional with the stock Gibson P-13 pickups!

When I bought the guitar 10 years ago it did not come with a case but if shipping is required I can include a case for an additional $75.
    Attached Images Attached Images 1959 Harmony H62 Archtop Guitar-img_0787-jpg 1959 Harmony H62 Archtop Guitar-img_0790-jpg 1959 Harmony H62 Archtop Guitar-img_0791-jpg 1959 Harmony H62 Archtop Guitar-img_0800-jpg 1959 Harmony H62 Archtop Guitar-img_0796-jpg 1959 Harmony H62 Archtop Guitar-img_0795-jpg 1959 Harmony H62 Archtop Guitar-img_0798-jpg 
    Last edited by jazzmanstever; 03-23-2021 at 08:56 AM. Reason: guitar is sold

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

An American Classic! Good luck with the sale!

User Info Menu

Love the sound of the P-13s in those. Amazing guitars for jump blues.

User Info Menu

This guitar is still available.
    Just sayin'...

User Info Menu

Very clean looking for its age.

User Info Menu

hi, I live on Long Island, so could drive to get guitar. I just joined the site. Cant seem to find how to pm you. I'd like to make you an offer. thanks Bill

User Info Menu

Excellent example of a great guitar, and your price is more than fair (in my opinion), I don't think you'll have to wait long to sell it! Good luck!

Tom

User Info Menu

Bill,
    I just sent you a PM

User Info Menu

Hmm, I guess es173p changed his mind?
    Bill, I messaged you but never heard back.

User Info Menu

I have a 55 and I love it.
    Great price too...
    Love these pickups, I'm a finger style picker kind of slow mover on the guitar and the tone is amazing with my older Princeton Reverb

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by es137p View Post
    hi, I live on Long Island, so could drive to get guitar. I just joined the site. Cant seem to find how to pm you. I'd like to make you an offer. thanks Bill

User Info Menu

*sold*