Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 19 of 19

User Info Menu

Hi All,

I got this wonderful guitar from the original owner back in early 2018, and have enjoyed playing it for probably four or five total hours since then. Having taken a long, hard look at my guitar collection, and being honest with myself about which ones I really play often, this one is now available.

As I look it over, the VOS treatment is very slight, and as I found the shallow ding on the back of the neck (pictured), as well as the very slight smudge in the "buckle rash" area, I'm wondering if these are simply part of that VOS treatment, because I don’t wear a belt buckle, and do not play my guitars when I’m wearing any shirts with buttons on them.

Otherwise, the guitar really looks near-mint. There is zero fret wear, it has the Memphis Tone Circuit, which (I think) means that the pots were hand-sorted and selected to be within tight specs, and I have installed the "BiggsFix" hardware that I ordered for this guitar. This hardware really does stabilize the tuning, although I really am not a Bigsby user in the first place. The original spring and retainer are included, and this “mod” is easily reversed within about fifteen minutes, if you so desire.

The Gibson P-90s sound great--and I'm a P-90 lover. I’ve got them set top to accentuate that sound with both pickups right now, but have played around with them a good bit, and dropping the neck pickup slightly from where it is now really gives a wonderful jazz-type sound, although I just use other instruments for my jazz playing.

Also comes with the bound certificate in the OHSC.

It's currently strung with Curt Mangan .011" to .048" strings, and really sounds great across the board--especially if you like working the volume and tone knobs together.

Weight is 7lbs, 1.2oz. on my kitchen scale.

Serial number suggests that it's a 2017, although I took a photo of the back of the headstock, where it clearly says "2016" below the "MADE IN USA" stamp. I believes this means that this was a design that was released by Gibson in 2016.

2850.00 gets it shipped within the CONUS. The only trade I’d consider would be the right ES-175 in great shape.

Thank you,
    Greg

Last edited by life_with_a_song; 12-18-2020 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Reduce photo sizes

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Greg is an honest man and a great seller.

User Info Menu

I appreciate that, Mark.

It's hard to let this one go right now, but I'm sure it's going to make someone else very happy!

User Info Menu

Anyone with an ES-175 they'd like to offer in a trade?

User Info Menu

Bump.

User Info Menu

Bump!

User Info Menu

Take it to the top . . .

User Info Menu

Bumputus uputus!

User Info Menu

Apologies for crashing in here on first post but is this still for sale? Thanks!

User Info Menu

Time to bump it again . . .

User Info Menu

that's really a killer little guitar...be great for some west coast/jump blues!...has that freddie king /junior watson vibe...but with f holes...cool

luck

cheers

User Info Menu

Thanks neatomic. I do think that it's going to make someone really happy!

-Greg

User Info Menu

Hopefully me ?

User Info Menu

Going to see what I can do this coming week, Mark. Stay tuned . . .

User Info Menu

Bump!

User Info Menu

That's a great price for the shape it's in! If only I had the coin. I've just spent way too damn much money lately Been wanting one of these for awhile now...

User Info Menu

I'd much rather sell it through a forum like this versus going through Reverb. I've had good experiences with Reverb through its first few years, but have heard too many horror stories lately that are keeping me away from it now.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by life_with_a_song
    I'd much rather sell it through a forum like this versus going through Reverb. I've had good experiences with Reverb through its first few years, but have heard too many horror stories lately that are keeping me away from it now.
    I agree, especially since reverb now REQUIRES you to use their payment system (not PayPal) in order to get paid. reverb started out great, but as most thing, as it grew got more expensive and more regulated, and now I'll sell on eBay before reverb (I RAN to reverb to get away from eBay! LOL). But now eBay has also changed the way sellers get paid... I always try a bunch of different forums, and even local FB marketplace, before the auction sites any more.

User Info Menu

Up for some more!