Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 15 of 15

User Info Menu

In the market for a Gibson Pat Martino. Preferable a Carmel/brown finish and a player.
    Anyone have one laying around

cheers

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Did you check the classifieds? Someone just posted one for sale.

Oops! Sorry it is a Benedetto.

User Info Menu

Lavonne Music Savage Mn 952, 890-7288 ask for Peter Wagonner. Carmel Brown color from a recent Estate Sale.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Did you buy the Caramel one from Lavonne Music? If not it's sold unfortunately !

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLoveHandles
    Quite a price drop on that one... its now listed at $3k. The other one on Reverb is still North of $4200.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jads57
    Lavonne Music Savage Mn 952, 890-7288 ask for Peter Wagonner. Carmel Brown color from a recent Estate Sale.
    I pulled the trigger on this guitar! Thanks for the heads up! Peter was really great to work with and it seems like a very professional shop!!

Arrives to San Diego tomorrow, so very excited

User Info Menu

Peter Wagonner has been in the music store business since he was 13 through his dad Charlie. I met him in 1977 and even then he had an incredible archtop collection of 100 vintage Gibson's and Epiphones.
    He's long ago sold them , but continues with is music store. He knows more about vintage Epiphone and Gibson Archtops than just about anyone I ever met.
    And a great person as well!

User Info Menu

I know it's not what you asked for, but the Carvin (now Kiesel) SH550 is very similar in construction. I have owned both and I feel the Carvin is superior to the Gibson in fit and finish, and neck/fretboard/ effortless playablity.

Reverb

Reverb

Carvin SH550 - Google Search

Kiesel SH550 - Google Search
    Last edited by Woody Sound; 12-11-2020 at 10:23 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jads57
    Did you buy the Caramel one from Lavonne Music? If not it's sold unfortunately !
    Hey @jads57, here's the Martino I bought from Lavonne. It's freaking amazing & I've been experimenting with different Thomastik string gauges.
    I was going to go with Benson 14s, but after testing I landed back on my go to Thomastik 12's

Gibson Pat Martino Wanted-4-2010-pat-martion-custom-jpg
    Gibson Pat Martino Wanted-2010-pat-martion-custom-jpg

User Info Menu

I still find the headstock a bit funny looking. I know they were going for a straight-pull layout, but if they staggered the tuners, like on the Ibanez Talman, the effect would not be so "pinched".

User Info Menu

I love the headstock and wish Gibson would have used it on more guitars. There was one for auction at Heritage Auctions in November 2020. Hammered down for $3000, Buyer's Premium included.

User Info Menu

have played a couple of gibson martino's...(thom 12's should be great, no reason to go to pats 15 & 16 extremes! haha)...my only caveats were that i found the guitar a bit heavy...and the compounded fretboard a bit wide and flat radiused...which may be non-issues for someone else...otherwise a beautiful & inspiring guitar

i like pats guitar choices as much as i enjoy his playing!

congrats & enjoy your beautful guitar

cheers

User Info Menu

I had a Gibson Pat Martino. I loved the slim neck and she was a beauty. And I used TI 13 Flats on her. Single note lines were great and with my RE Steath 12/Clarus rig, I truly got a Pat Martino sound. But Chords sounded a bit muddy to me and she was sold to someone else. All in all a Beautiful guitar. There are days that I regret selling her....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stringswinger
    I had a Gibson Pat Martino. I loved the slim neck and she was a beauty. And I used TI 13 Flats on her. Single note lines were great and with my RE Steath 12/Clarus rig, I truly got a Pat Martino sound. But Chords sounded a bit muddy to me and she was sold to someone else. All in all a Beautiful guitar. There are days that I regret selling her....
    I snagged this Gibson Martino on a whim and absolutely love this guitar! A great contrast to my L5ces and Super 400ces for louder organ trio gigs. I tried a few different gauges of Thomastiks flats and landed on 11’s or 12’s, so I can get my bends on. I Figure I can flip over to round 11’s to use on other more rockin gigs
    I have to say the overall build and neck profile on the one I got is stellar. Mine has a mid size neck, very similar to my L5. With Pat being sick and not many of these made, I’m so glad I grabbed one, def a keeper...