Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 23 of 23

User Info Menu

Hey guys,

Unfortunately I am selling my recently acquired Campellone. I purchased it recently from Long & Mcquade. It had been there new since 2014. Its a beautiful and powerful cannon of an archtop but also sensitive to touch and dynamics. As it turns out I unfortunately cannot afford to own two expensive guitars at the moment so I had to pick my smaller and more versatile archtop to be my workhouse.
    I also have a custom floating humbucker made by Pete Biltoft that we can include or not with the guitar, I never did end up installing it.
    Feel free to reach out to me with any questions!
    $4250 +150 obo
    17" Body
    3" depth
    1.71 width neck
    25.5 scale
    Solid Spruce top
    Solid Maple back and sides
    Campellone Standard 2014 Natural | Gregory's Gear Depot | Reverb

2014 Campellone Standard 17" Natural-20201109_122939-jpg2014 Campellone Standard 17" Natural-20201109_122809-jpg2014 Campellone Standard 17" Natural-20201109_125332-jpg

Last edited by Irwin1993; 01-03-2021 at 12:25 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Post some shots of the back, neck and sides,
    csmpellones are fantastic guitars
    good luck with your sale

User Info Menu

L&M? Is the guitar in Canada?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk1701
    L&M? Is the guitar in Canada?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    From the Reverb listing it seems to be in Tempe, AZ.

Beautiful guitar!

User Info Menu

I played this guitar a few times while it was still at Long & McQuade and it is an excellent guitar. Here are a few pix of this guitar at the store that I took at the time.
    Attached Images Attached Images 2014 Campellone Standard 17" Natural-img_8515-jpg 2014 Campellone Standard 17" Natural-img_8516-jpg 2014 Campellone Standard 17" Natural-img_8514-jpg 2014 Campellone Standard 17" Natural-img_8513-jpg 

User Info Menu

It's very hard to beat a Campellone Standard. Mark's guitars are solid and a joy to play. First time I played one, I had to have my own. This one appears to be brand new. Good luck with the sale.

User Info Menu

Especially if you love the great Gibson L-5 And L-7 model guitars!

User Info Menu

you can tell a hammertone photo even when it's not one of his instruments and he's not at home

maybe he takes a leather sofa around with him in case he needs to take an important photograph...

the guitar would fall over if I tried to take a picture of it like that

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Groyniad View Post
    you can tell a hammertone photo even when it's not one of his instruments and he's not at home
    maybe he takes a leather sofa around with him in case he needs to take an important photograph...
    the guitar would fall over if I tried to take a picture of it like that
    My advance team makes sure that such matters are dealt with prior to my arrival. Leather seating, blue M&Ms, huge rolls of purple backdrop paper, and so forth. Some clowning around from one of my early shoots:
    Attached Images Attached Images 2014 Campellone Standard 17" Natural-fun-jane-jpg 

User Info Menu

There's really something about a beautiful simple spruce top.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    My advance team makes sure that such matters are dealt with prior to my arrival. Leather seating, blue M&Ms, huge rolls of purple backdrop paper, and so forth. Some clowning around from one of my early shoots:

Congrats to your advance team!
    2014 Campellone Standard 17" Natural-anton-1-png

User Info Menu

By now, this has to be one of the more famous Campellone Standards in existence. GLWTS!

User Info Menu

Wish I had the bread.

Nice guitar!

User Info Menu

A new Campellone Standard is $5200 and Mark insists on air ships so another $250 or so. This one from Canada is as new.
    No need to trash someone’s sale ad. If you don’t like the price don’t buy or read the post. Never judge. You do not know the seller’s situation. Bad heath, financial, family emergency, etc......

Best of Luck with the sale. Campellone makes great archtops.

User Info Menu

Nobody trashing the price of ScottEave's $5k planks?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    Nobody trashing the price of ScottEave's $5k planks?
    Well, I made fun of the $5 piece-of-shit tailpiece on the Ronin Badmoon he had listed here for $10K or some equally hilarious amount. I like Scott's listings - he's keeping it real, reminding us how little the marketplace cares much about hand-made, carved acoustic jazz guitars, compared to sexy boutique plank guitars. It's a public service!

Bump

Hey guys, I seem to have missed a ton of notifications as I did not see all these responses to the thread.

Thanks Skykomishone!

Thanks for the pics and comments on the guitar- Hammertone!

Woody Sound - I too enjoy the beauty of a simple spruce top and an understated look!

Vinny Thanks for the comments, much appreciated!

I am located in the US by the way (AZ). I will be more mindful about checking this thread so feel free to comment any questions, and or message me here or on reverb.

-Gregory

User Info Menu

Hammertone at work:
    2014 Campellone Standard 17" Natural-blow-up-jpg

bump

Bump

bump, happy holidays!

Bump
    $4250

Bump.