Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 16 of 16

User Info Menu

Guitar is no longer for sale. I tried to modify the title of the thread to indicate that but can’t change it.

Original owner Eastman AR680CE John Pisano Signature model in excellent condition. Made in 2016. Fully carved model with spruce top and mahogany back and sides. All in excellent condition structurally, electrically, and finish-wise. I can't find any dents, nicks, or scratches on the guitar other than some very slight polishing swirl marks due to the nature of the nitrocellulose finish. Well cared for in non-smoking home. Humidified in the case and never gigged. It has a lovely full, warm tone, no doubt in part due to the mahogany back and sides. Currently strung with TI Swings.

Comes with the original hard shell case also in excellent condition except for one clasp that is somewhat difficult to close unless both the case and lid are exactly aligned.

$1500 plus shipping and PayPal fee. And, you can check my Reverb feedback at:
    https://reverb.com/shop/bills-guitar-shop.

(Sorry about the sideways photos. If anyone knows how to fix them please let me know. They were upright until they were uploaded.)

Attached Images Attached Images 2016 Eastman AR680CE John Pisano Signature Archtop Classic Antique-a0275ef5-db31-4339-8c54-ae796422af58-jpg 2016 Eastman AR680CE John Pisano Signature Archtop Classic Antique-262c352c-c22a-449e-a56c-04b922c5de22-jpg 2016 Eastman AR680CE John Pisano Signature Archtop Classic Antique-ec85d53e-1713-4abc-811c-d75c17378b76-jpg 2016 Eastman AR680CE John Pisano Signature Archtop Classic Antique-0d18f260-eacc-4595-bbd9-41345219bf02-jpg 2016 Eastman AR680CE John Pisano Signature Archtop Classic Antique-2cea95e8-d317-41f9-a10f-4403c167049c-jpg 2016 Eastman AR680CE John Pisano Signature Archtop Classic Antique-1e3eb00c-f224-4e10-9c09-be033960f7f8-jpg 2016 Eastman AR680CE John Pisano Signature Archtop Classic Antique-16648a49-c7ce-48bc-9f1a-5ef78a25acbd-jpg 2016 Eastman AR680CE John Pisano Signature Archtop Classic Antique-8a8cb439-7f30-43b2-8aed-f19f8aed8f35-jpg 2016 Eastman AR680CE John Pisano Signature Archtop Classic Antique-ba660060-7ec0-4afc-8822-8f4722d2d82c-jpg 2016 Eastman AR680CE John Pisano Signature Archtop Classic Antique-25639ae1-0a58-4aad-9ebb-78de0204b940-jpg 2016 Eastman AR680CE John Pisano Signature Archtop Classic Antique-72f53b40-c45b-41ef-938a-4c1beec9c017-jpg 2016 Eastman AR680CE John Pisano Signature Archtop Classic Antique-668f7da9-314d-423e-b09e-6925a3308328-jpg 2016 Eastman AR680CE John Pisano Signature Archtop Classic Antique-6ac3f145-0014-4ee1-9c04-0c421dd5cc86-jpg 
    Last edited by Bill Eisele; 12-07-2020 at 11:56 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

good deal on what i consider the best eastman

luck

cheers

User Info Menu

What year is your Eastman?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    What year is your Eastman?
    2016. Updated the post to make that more clear.

User Info Menu

Excellent value! Great guitar. GLWTS!

User Info Menu

Bump

User Info Menu

Do you know the thickness of the neck (wood only) at the first fret? If not, would you say this has a thicker or thinner neck (not width, but front to back thickness). The Eastmans I've owned and played were all fairly wide necked, but thinnish in depth, which doesn't work well for my left hand.

Thanks!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rhythmisking
    Do you know the thickness of the neck (wood only) at the first fret? If not, would you say this has a thicker or thinner neck (not width, but front to back thickness). The Eastmans I've owned and played were all fairly wide necked, but thinnish in depth, which doesn't work well for my left hand.

Thanks!
    I just measured the thickness of the neck at the first fret, wood only, and bottoming out the strings and I got 15/16”. So, close to one inch. Is that about the same as the other Eastmans that you have played? I have to say that I have a Heritage archtop with a much thicker neck and seem to prefer that thickness over the thinner ones. Not sure why, though.

User Info Menu

FYI: At a potential buyer's request I checked the level of the frets and found that the 16th and 19th frets are ever so slightly higher than the surrounding frets. This is not affecting playability in that area in terms of fret buzz or anything else. However, I will either have those two frets leveled by my tech if COVID restrictions permit me to visit him or will reduce the price of the guitar to cover the cost for you to have it done.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Eisele
    I just measured the thickness of the neck at the first fret, wood only, and bottoming out the strings and I got 15/16”. So, close to one inch. Is that about the same as the other Eastmans that you have played? I have to say that I have a Heritage archtop with a much thicker neck and seem to prefer that thickness over the thinner ones. Not sure why, though.
    Thanks Bill, I appreciate it!

Typically when neck thickness are given, there's a specific way to get that measurement, which involves loosening the strings and moving them out of the way and then measuring the thickness of the wood at the first fret with calipers, which is then given as a decimal. I'm guessing you pushed down the strings and then eyeballed it, but this won't give you the real number, there's too many variables. The correct way to do it is like in the picture below. Note the calipers are behind the fret measuring the thickness of only the wood. This is the only accurate way to measure the actual neck thickness as different fret sizes differ considerably in thickness, as do different gauge strings.

Many people don't really care. Some are more particular, and some, like myself, have physical issues which make necks outside a certain range difficult or painful to play for extended periods.

2016 Eastman AR680CE John Pisano Signature Archtop Classic Antique-howtomeasureneckprofile-jpg

User Info Menu

Thanks Bill, I appreciate it!

Typically when neck thickness are given, there's a specific way to get that measurement, which involves loosening the strings and moving them out of the way and then measuring the thickness of the wood at the first fret with calipers, which is then given as a decimal. I'm guessing you pushed down the strings and then eyeballed it, but this won't give you the real number, there's too many variables. The correct way to do it is like in the picture below. Note the calipers are behind the fret measuring the thickness of only the wood. This is the only accurate way to measure the actual neck thickness as different fret sizes differ considerably in thickness, as do different gauge strings.

Many people don't really care. Some are more particular, and some, like myself, have physical issues which make necks outside a certain range difficult or painful to play for extended periods.

2016 Eastman AR680CE John Pisano Signature Archtop Classic Antique-howtomeasureneckprofile-jpg
    Thanks for the guide on how to do it more accurately. Will give it a go again tomorrow with the strings loosened and pushed aside as you indicate. And will use decimals instead of fractions. I have physical issues myself and I find that a thicker neck helps me. I guess it has something to do with leverage. Stay tuned!

User Info Menu

Okay! I measured the neck thickness again at the first fret using the method described by Rhythmisking and found that it is 0.866" compared to the earlier number I got with the strings still over the fretboard but pushed down. Hope this helps!

User Info Menu

Hi All,

After having played the guitar for quite a while this week I have decided to keep it. Thanks for your interest in the guitar! And help with the neck measurement process!

User Info Menu

Wow. Bullet truss rod, brass nut, Schallers... I, too, was there in the '70s.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Eisele
    Hi All,

After having played the guitar for quite a while this week I have decided to keep it. Thanks for your interest in the guitar! And help with the neck measurement process!
    Good move Bill. These aren’t available that often. I’ve owned both the mahogany and spruce models, and actually preferred the mahogany because they’re warmer. These guitars play like absolute butter!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    Good move Bill. These aren’t available that often. I’ve owned both the mahogany and spruce models, and actually preferred the mahogany because they’re warmer. These guitars play like absolute butter!
    Thanks, 2bornot2bop! I am trying to thin the herd and I thought I would move the Eastmans first. But the AR680CE is a great guitar. Perfect proportions and very warm with the mahogany. Butter is the right word!