Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 14 of 14

User Info Menu

Heritage H-575 Hollowbody | Victory Gun & Guitar

Happened to come across this listing looking for a fingerstyle acoustic guitar online. $1795. Doesn’t mention the year when it was made. And, listing mentions a minor crack on the back of the headstock that was professionally repaired.
    Last edited by Bill Eisele; 10-29-2020 at 07:00 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Eisele

Happened to come across this listing looking for a fingerstyle acoustic guitar online. $1795. Doesn’t mention the year when it was made. And, listing mentions a minor crack on the back of the headstock that was professionally repaired.
    Not a bad price...they are definitely selling for more than they were when I bought mine.

This actually looks just like mine, but mine is missing the pickguard.

They're outstanding guitars.

User Info Menu

Wow, this place sells guns and guitars.... hmmm

User Info Menu

That’ll do nicely

User Info Menu

Do mean like a guitar body with a gun barrel rather than a neck?
    Comes in handy playing those shady places on the wrong side of the railroad tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzmanstever

User Info Menu

Kind of surreal...

Heritage H-575-0c1b5054-adb1-4187-a6d5-e53a32e66707-jpg

User Info Menu

You need to have tunes for your apocalypse...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Eisele

....... Doesn’t mention the year when it was made...... .
    Serial number starts with an "H", so it has been made in 1991
    Date Your Heritage | Heritage Guitars

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzmanstever
    Looks like a place where you could spend a lot of money if you're into both. And, get into a lot of trouble with the better half when you return with your purchases!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grahambop
    Kind of surreal...

Maybe the presence of the firearms makes the repair techs work faster and better. But not cheaper, if you believe in the old adage about faster, better, and cheaper!

User Info Menu

Notice how all of these $1800 Heritage 575's suddenly look like steals. I paid $1100 for a Sunburst 575 eons ago, so in reality I guess $1800 today is a good buy. But for a previous headstock repaired version? I'm not so certain.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grahambop
    Kind of surreal...

No one complains about this guys work right? Don’t like the way we fixed your guitar? We can solve the problem by making it target practice?.

User Info Menu

Cuts down on haggling.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    Notice how all of these $1800 Heritage 575's suddenly look like steals. I paid $1100 for a Sunburst 575 eons ago, so in reality I guess $1800 today is a good buy. But for a previous headstock repaired version? I'm not so certain.
    I agree about the headstock repair potentially being an issue from both a pricing and stability issue. Would definitely want further clarification and time to have it examined by my own repair tech before committing to the sale. And, being able to negotiate a lower price if it's something more than just cosmetic.