Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 13 of 13

User Info Menu

This one has some provenance here on the forum. I bought it a few years ago from 2bornot2bop, and it has served me well. I am making room for an incoming flamenco negra, and preparing to order its companion blanca.

This is a very fine student/concert level classical made in Spain and constructed of all solid woods. It has a loud and very rich tone, perfect for classical, fingerstyle jazz, or Bossa Nova. It has a beautiful American Red Cedar top and Indian Rosewood back and sides. The fretboard, tuner buttons and center strip on the neck are ebony. The neck may be cedar. There is very light playing wear. I estimate the guitar to be no more than 10 years old and is in excellent condition. It comes with a Gator hard shell case. This model can be a little hard to get in the US, and new ones go for around $2,000. I’m looking for $750 USD. Buyer pays shipping. CUSA only.

Alhambra 9P Classical-fa324277-c02f-4a21-ac45-aad040c0cb88-jpgAlhambra 9P Classical-c74b33fa-fd1b-4959-9451-2dc200a24b28-jpgAlhambra 9P Classical-5eb3916f-5e79-46a7-b4be-b25c8e191a53-jpgAlhambra 9P Classical-2806e301-776a-4321-948f-e6076a2d316d-jpgAlhambra 9P Classical-f6084b26-fa60-41ea-9c3d-610cf2122d4e-jpgAlhambra 9P Classical-588bc033-fbaa-438f-b303-51fd5e9e0748-jpgAlhambra 9P Classical-84c940fb-66d2-4766-970c-39525859ba41-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

That’s an outright steal for that guitar. Absolutely no disappointments there. That’s as good a buy for an Alhambra 9p that you’re ever going to see. Seller’s on eBay are asking over $1200 for the same guitar. The 9p is a quality built in Spain guitar. I love the stability of that solidly built neck too. Don’t snooze on this instrument!

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    That’s an outright steal for that guitar. Absolutely no disappointments there. That’s as good a buy for an Alhambra 9p that you’re ever going to see. Seller’s on eBay are asking over $1200 for the same guitar. The 9p is a quality built in Spain guitar. I love the stability of that solidly built neck too. Don’t snooze on this instrument!
    I’m just paying it forward, 2B!

User Info Menu

PM sent

Someone asked for pics of the action at the 12th fret and amount of room left to lower the saddle. The action appears to be 4mm at the 12th fret. There is still room to take it down if desired. The neck is absolutely straight and the fretwork is excellent.

Alhambra 9P Classical-449bcc77-133b-48a1-a80b-5c258de1193b-jpegAlhambra 9P Classical-750cf867-5d75-4a17-97c4-44474c6ead08-jpeg

The guitar is sold.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M.
    The guitar is sold.
    I knew that a $2000 guitar wouldn’t last long at $750. Congratulations Mark!

User Info Menu

I knew that a $2000 guitar wouldn’t last long at $750. Congratulations Mark!
    I promise to take good care of it. Just one of those things that happened - I've been shopping classicals online for a couple weeks and had about decided on the Alhambra 7P cedar but this popped up and is better and without that funky 'A' on the peghead. I'm assuming this one was originally for European distribution as they don't have the 'A' as far as I now. Might depend on the age, maybe. Anyway, I'm excited to get it. Now, if someone would just buy my Godin......

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Skip Ellis
    I promise to take good care of it. Just one of those things that happened - I've been shopping classicals online for a couple weeks and had about decided on the Alhambra 7P cedar but this popped up and is better and without that funky 'A' on the peghead. I'm assuming this one was originally for European distribution as they don't have the 'A' as far as I now. Might depend on the age, maybe. Anyway, I'm excited to get it. Now, if someone would just buy my Godin......
    Did you ever score. You got a better guitar for less money. Wtf! Back when this guitar was released Alhambra didn’t have the name it now does in the US market. And they didn’t have the distribution they have now, Funky A headstock and all. You couldn’t find a better hand built guitar anywhere for less! That 7p is crap compared to the 9p.

User Info Menu

Great deal! That is the exact same headstock carving that is on the Ramirez 4N I had, so we know who’s making them for the Family!
    Saverez Cantiga Premium for bass, Hannabach 815 trebles. It will sing.

Did you ever score. You got a better guitar for less money. Wtf! Back when this guitar was released Alhambra didn’t have the name it now does in the US market. And they didn’t have the distribution they have now, Funky A headstock and all. You couldn’t find a better hand built guitar anywhere for less! That 7p is crap compared to the 9p.
    2B, I think you sold it to me for $800. So, I thought I’d pass the deal along.

Skip, it’s been a pleasure!

User Info Menu

"Skip, it’s been a pleasure!"

Likewise!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M.
    2B, I think you sold it to me for $800. So, I thought I’d pass the deal along.

Skip, it’s been a pleasure!
    Yes, I paid it forward too! But the price is no reflection on the quality of the guitar for its built to the 9”s! Where else do you find a hand built made in Spain guitar for pennies but here! I knew it wouldn’t last long. And that was a Best forum Buy of the year right there!