User Info Menu

I'm selling a cool Ron Kirn pine Tele that I bought new in 2019. It is in mint condition -- never been taken out of the house, although I have rolled pickups a few times for my own amusement. I keep coming back to the original Kirns. I bought it because I love the look of of Teles without the huge pickguard. The neck is a '50s fatback that is 1" up and down. The width is 1 5/8" at the nut. If you've ever played Ron's guitars, the necks are just superb.

The guitar is just a hair under 7 lbs. and plays like a dream. It has meticulous copper shielding under the Gotoh bridge and in the control cavity. Comes with a Gator case. Priced to sell. $1,299 + shipping.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Very cool!! GLWTS!

User Info Menu

super nice...ron kirn makes some beautiful teles...esp with pine

luck

cheers

User Info Menu

What is the fretboard radius?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gilpy
    What is the fretboard radius?
    It’s either 9.5” or 10”.

User Info Menu

Hey Encinitas,
    Kirn seems to have different "pine" models, i.e. Barnbuster, etc. Which model is this one?
    Thx!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy
    Hey Encinitas,
    Kirn seems to have different "pine" models, i.e. Barnbuster, etc. Which model is this one?
    Thx!
    I don't know if he has names for the different configurations. I know he uses old, reclaimed wood from various sources.

I bought an Esquire from him without the big pickguard. I loved it so much I asked if he could make one like it, but with a neck pickup. I requested a Barnbuster without the traditional Tele pickguard. This was that. He had three bodies ready to go and I picked this one.

My view on pickups is that you have to find ones that match a particular guitar to your particular tastes. I tried a bunch of different pickups in this one, including Nocasters, Mares and some others. This one just worked with Ron's pickups from the get go. I love the sound of a Tele neck pickup for clean guitar with just a bit of grit. This just has that sound.

User Info Menu

Nice -- thanks!

Marc