User Info Menu

If I recall correctly, these guitars were announced at last summer's NAMM convention and garnered a little bit of attention here on the JGF. 75472-eastman-cabaret-nylon-model.html

As I am off and on in the market for a high quality nylon string cross-over, I have been pretty regularly checking on their availability. Still hoping to hit the lottery and order one from John Buscarino, but in the meantime ....

This is literally the first one I've seen for sale in the U.S., which I'm sure is an interesting back story in and of itself.

Anybody seen one for sale anywhere else in the U.S.? (I've seen one on Reverb from a Paris dealer, and the Guitars'njazz website says they'll be available in October.) Other than that, this is it ....

35174892-eastman-cabaret-classical-jazz-acoustic-electric-guitar-case-new-m2006931

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Wow,is that list price correct? Seems a bit high for a used Eastman?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jads57
    Wow,is that list price correct? Seems a bit high for a used Eastman?
    Looks like it already sold. And it was listed as brand new.

Eastman's list price for the Cabaret JB on their website is $3,195, so this one was $640 off of list, with free shipping. I agree that this is on the high end for the typical Eastman, but it was developed in coordination with John Buscarino as a more affordable alternative to his $8,500 base price Cabaret. I guess everything is relative....

cabaret_jb

User Info Menu

The neck almost 2", still a little bigger than I want in a crossover. Would love to find something in a svelte 1-3/4".

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    The neck almost 2", still a little bigger than I want in a crossover. Would love to find something in a svelte 1-3/4".
    Agree. I also think a 30 inch neck radius is almost negligible.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bmw2002
    Agree. I also think a 30 inch neck radius is almost negligible.
    I have never really bonded with crossovers and prefer traditional classical necks, so those specs are exciting for me.