Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 20 of 20

User Info Menu

Here's an almondburst H-535. I'm the second owner. The first owner said it was a 2010.

It has Seth Lovers. Sounds great. Plays great. Shows light wear for a 10 year old guitar.

I might regret selling this, but I just don't play it as much as I should.

I figure I'll list it here for a bit before I put it on Reverb.

$1850 via paypal and I'll cover shipping in the lower 48.

Heritage H-535-img_20200720_162344-1-jpgHeritage H-535-img_20200720_162521-1-jpgHeritage H-535-img_20200720_162403-1-jpgHeritage H-535-img_20200720_162355-1-jpgHeritage H-535-img_20200720_162315-1-jpgHeritage H-535-img_20200720_162323-1-jpg
    Last edited by morroben; 08-16-2020 at 09:34 PM. Reason: SOLD

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Steal alert. One doesn’t often find these guitars any more for such a low price. This guitar has a nitro finish! What is Heritage charging for a new one? Exactly!

User Info Menu

Beauty!! GLWTS!

User Info Menu

What is the weight?

User Info Menu

7.8 lbs on a bathroom scale.

Neck is .85" at the nut and .98" at the 12th fret. Measured with cheap Harbor Freight micrometer, but should be close.

User Info Menu

I've had my share of Gibson and Heritage semis. I have a few of each now.

Heritage did a couple of things that thought improved the 335. First, it's thinner slightly. This reduced its weight a little. I doubt it effected its amplified sound much since both guitars have heavy solid center blocks. The second thing was to put the input jack on the rim. That I found more useful. There is support around the input jack on the rim for those who forget to unplug before they walk away. There have been many cracked 335 tops from those accidents. The rim jack made that less likely. Also, the inlays in Heritages are MOP.

The newer Gibson semis are lighter now. The center blocks are weight relieved. Some may like the tonal differences better but I don't hear a change. But the weights are less.

Heritage H-535-aqo2hyip6b1tjmgc9vbp_zpsny0oql7u_36850223393_o-jpg

Nonetheless, it's very hard to beat Heritage's semis. They are keepers.
    Attached Files Attached Files

User Info Menu

Heritage semi's also have solid rims vs ES335 laminate rims.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    Steal alert. One doesn’t often find these guitars any more for such a low price. This guitar has a nitro finish! What is Heritage charging for a new one? Exactly!
    It really is a great guitar...I ended up playing it for a while when I got it out to take pics.

I'm just trying to pass on a decent deal to fellow forum members if someone is interested. I know that there is some of Heritage love around here.

If I end up listing on Reverb I'll probably ask a little more for it.

User Info Menu

How are the frets? Are they wide and flat like older an ES-335 or more like the medium jumbos on most moderns.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Jim
    How are the frets? Are they wide and flat like older an ES-335 or more like the medium jumbos on most moderns.
    Medium jumbo? Maybe? They seem a little wider than 6105s but not as flat on top as old Gibson frets.

Somebody else might know more about what fretwire they were using in 2010.

Not sure it these will help at all.

Heritage H-535-img_20200801_133227-jpgHeritage H-535-img_20200801_133139-2-jpg

User Info Menu

Thanks for the pics, they show the frets well. I'm undecided. I have two archtops that I can't really come to grips with. I should probably sell them, as you say they don't get played enough. My issues are the physical size and the low frets. I'm used to my solid body fenders.

Your 535 is beautiful though. I'll keep it in mind. Good luck with the sale.

User Info Menu

Figure I'll bump this up and give it another week before listing on Reverb.

User Info Menu

Beautiful guitar. These are great gigging guitars, especially when you can find one used for a decent price (like this one). I'd rather take an $1,850 Heritage guitar on a gig than a $3,600 Gibson, especially when the Heritage sounds better and is built better too! I play an old ES-175 that was built in 1973 and have thought about picking up a 575 in order to retire it. The ES-335/H-535's are much more versatile and can cover way more ground. If I were playing weddings I would pick this one up in a hurry! If it doesn't sell here, I'm sure that it will sell on Reverb pretty fast. Inventories of a lot of guitars are getting low. I couldn't sell my Martin HD-28E on eBay for $2,000 several months ago. Suddenly, Martins go out of stock everywhere and a guy drives 5+ hours to buy it for $2,500 the first day I re-list it! A lot of people suddenly have time to play guitar right now... Best of luck!

User Info Menu

Sale pending

User Info Menu

Sorry to see this go and not into my hands. But at least it goes to a member on this page.

User Info Menu

SOLD

...to a very nice fellow forum member. Glad it stayed in the forum family.

User Info Menu

Congratulations! I have to keep my eye out for one of these and be faster on the trigger.

User Info Menu

I’m the lucky buyer, and am extremely happy with this beautiful guitar. Ben is awesome, and I can’t put this thing down! Hope you find one soon Graciebara, and thank you Ben!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

AHA, a happy ending after all! Excellent!