Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 30 of 30

User Info Menu

No affiliation with the seller - but I just noticed this posting on Reverb. For those who admire Marks guitars - here is an upgraded Standard model with beautiful quilted maple at a great price.

2017 Campellone standard custom antique natural Quilt wood package+ HSC 2017 Campellone standard custom antique natural Quilt wood | Reverb

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

That beauty won't last long.

User Info Menu

Does that ad mean that it has a pickup included that connects via the strap pin * and * includes a pg mounted p/u ( 'furnished loose' ) as well ?

User Info Menu

Steal for a carved guitar, let alone natural w upgraded maple.

User Info Menu

A quick Reverb search shows this is the 3rd sale of the guitar since April 2020... doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the guitar... could just be buyers remorse, didn't quite meet the "dream" (we've all been there). I reached out to the seller to inquire on the quick turn over. The current sellers feedback to the person he purchased the guitar from was very positive. All good signs.

Toss a Charlie Christian on that guitar and its glorious! My favorite color finish! Unfortunately I'm just not a quilt fan nor an extra $3,500 at the moment

Current listing @ $3,499 free shipping
    2017 Campellone standard custom antique natural Quilt wood | Reverb

Sold May 2020 at $3,200 + $85 shipping
    Campellone Standard 16 Archtop 2017 Natural | fiftynineburst | Reverb
    Buyer feedback left on reverb:
    Your photos were able to capture "crazing" to a point it provided a misconception as to the actual condition visible to the naked eye. The actual "crazing" is so fine & minor, I think a repair could only make it worse. thanks for a REALLY ACCURATE description & a beautiful instrument at a once in a life time deal I would buy again with no hesitation. Thank You
    Sold April 2020 at $3,599 + $95 shipping
    Campellone Standard Series 16 Archtop 2017 Natural Finish | | Reverb
    Buyer feedback left on reverb:
    Excellent seller. Great communication. I’m very happy with my new Campellone!
    Last edited by Steve Z; 07-20-2020 at 06:31 PM.

User Info Menu

I really dig this guitar. I did a little more investigating... here's the link from when the guitar sold at Sound Pure and the YouTube video. If you look at the pics on the Sound Pure page and the Reverb listings... same guitar.

M. Campellone Standard Series 16" Archtop #4940616

User Info Menu

Sold in 10 hours!

I hope it got a good home.

A no brainer purchase for those looking for a near new upgraded Campellone standard. Not surprised it sold so quickly. Congrats to whoever bought it.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

QA, The seller should send You and Vinny a commission check.
    You guys have helped the world see what a nice option a Campellone is. And Mark has been doing the rest for years.
    Its Very cool when the forum does nice things. The help that some of you guys give does not go un-noticed..
    JD

User Info Menu

Hi Folks.
    I'm the one who owns this "quilt Standard. I bought it from the second owner located in New Jersey. He said he needed a quick sale for money to pay for a deck he built with a cost overrun. It plays wonderful, I love the guitar, I just prefer a 17" body & 25 1'2" scale. I play strictly acoustic & I have no complaints with this instrument. IT NEVER SOLD, I put this gem on reverb & listed here for $3650.00, each time I was inundated with stuff like "get a meter " & do an acoustic volume level check or tone questions or the price is to high or offer pay pal. So all the buyer B.S. & the likely chance the buyer would get "buyer remorse" & conjure up some reason to return it. It just wasn't worth the the few grand so I added it to my collection
    Thanks & stay safe
    Don N.

User Info Menu

I noted a gentleman had a question regarding the pickup. The guitar came with a pick guard mounted pickup assembly with an end pin input jack. There is a second full acoustic "quilt" pick guard & a second switch craft "dummy" end pin jack that is used to fill the end pin void & serve as a strap button. Both systems can be switched out in a few minutes.
    Thanks again
    Don N.

User Info Menu

That’s a beautiful guitar. You shouldn’t concern yourself with anyone having buyers remorse on that guitar. It sales itself as is. I’d certainly have no qualms about purchasing it via PayPal friends.

User Info Menu

I would've had no problem with that & reasonable questions. I included most of the the stats in one of the photos. The kind of questions were insane & no one offered "Pay Pal family & friends". I had one guy ask me to get some calipers and measure the neck thickness at the first fret, It had to be 81000ths??. Some of these guys are a little nutty. It is a beauty with a rare up grade for a standard. I know the price was a great deal
    thanks,
    Don

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 17571
    I would've had no problem with that & reasonable questions. I included most of the the stats in one of the photos. The kind of questions were insane & no one offered "Pay Pal family & friends". I had one guy ask me to get some calipers and measure the neck thickness at the first fret, It had to be 81000ths??. Some of these guys are a little nutty. It is a beauty with a rare up grade for a standard. I know the price was a great deal
    thanks,
    Don
    That’s the problem with reverb, you get a mix of crazies inquiring on your guitars too. I sold some 20 guitars there but don’t deal with them anymore. You could sell that guitar here easily and really quick!

User Info Menu

Thanks,
    I may list it again, I also have a amber burst 17" Special I really love & will keep. I'm actually a Gibson L-5C player/ collector. Mark told me this same instrument new is $5700 + shipping. I believe this will be an investment grade instrument (not for me of course since i'm older than Mark), once Mark passes on. If you know an interested party let me know, I'm firm at $3650 includes UPS GROUND shipping to lower 48 states only. Payment by certified check or "pay pal family & friends".It will be shipped once payment is received with both pick guards & bridge assembly removed to reduce chances of damage.
    Don

User Info Menu

$3650 for a cloud rimmed Campellone is extremely fair. If you decide to list it here you’ll have a buyer within a week, I guarantee it. And without the ridiculous reverb questions! It costs nothing to list it. Try it!

User Info Menu

Amend to that. No fees, no taxes, and very passionate folks about a guitar like this. Oh extremely trustworthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    If you decide to list it here you’ll have a buyer within a week, I guarantee it. And without the ridiculous reverb questions! It costs nothing to list it. Try it!

User Info Menu

The guitar's for sale again, we'll see what happens.
    Thanks

User Info Menu

The guitar's for sale again, we'll see what happens.
    Thanks
    It looks to me like you pulled your listing here after listing here at a higher price than the Reverb.com listing. One is always entitled to raise or lower a price of a guitar for sale, but raising a price is often met with market disapproval. It seemed like a very fair price, even at the higher price to me, but alas, perhaps keeping it in your collection is the right thing to do.

Best of luck with the Campy!

User Info Menu

Had it back on for an hour & started getting negative comments about a prior listed price from a non buyer ( of course). I don't need that especially when others see that stuff so I'm done. It was meant to stay where it is'
    Thanks

User Info Menu

Actually I was just contacted by a gentleman who offered to buy the guitar, I've accepted, but we'll see what happens. I believe it's a very fair deal on something that doesn't come along very often
    Thanks
    Last edited by 17571; 09-15-2020 at 05:20 PM.

User Info Menu

Actually I was just contacted by a gentleman who offered to buy the guitar, I've accepted, but we'll see what happens. I believe it's a very fair deal on something that doesn't come along very often
    Thanks
    Said gentleman agrees. Also, thank you to the forum for lots of insights. However, wishing I hadn't seen some of the 'insights' in this thread just now...

FEDEX Shipping Insurance on $4000+ Archtop

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bdksan
    Said gentleman agrees. Also, thank you to the forum for lots of insights. However, wishing I hadn't seen some of the 'insights' in this thread just now...

User Info Menu

I've shipped probably 150+ guitars/amps (80% amps) and, ironically, the only time I had a problem as a shipper was one of the times I shipped an amp in a road case. The UPS delivery man was literally rolling it like a big wheel.

I've shipped a few $4k+ guitars to Europe from the US with no issues

Don't fret too much, and congrats on a beautiful guitar!

User Info Menu

Hell yes that Campellone is worth the higher price. C’mon man, everyone loves a steal! But that guitar with that wood selection I’m listing it for $4250 and not even considering a sell for less than $4k. Ask yourself this? Where are you going to find another one outfitted like that one was. Some of you guys ask for too much and that’s why you don’t now own this guitar. Over what a $150 difference? It was still a steal! Talk about shame on you.

User Info Menu

Don’t even give the FedEx thread a thought. Ship with FedEx. It’s always my first choice. Shipped some 100 or more guitars with them and not once did I experience a single issue. A bunch of hot internet air is what you’ll find in that thread, imo.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    Hell yes that Campellone is worth the higher price. C’mon man, everyone loves a steal! But that guitar with that wood selection I’m listing it for $4250 and not even considering a sell for less than $4k. Ask yourself this? Where are you going to find another one outfitted like that one was. Some of you guys ask for too much and that’s why you don’t now own this guitar. Over what a $150 difference? It was still a steal! Talk about shame on you.
    ......or put another couple ways -

- if someone had paid the $4250., they'd have paid what it took to take it off the market...The 'market' being no others like that to buy - none....

- If that amount is wrong by one hundred fifty dollars, that same amount, by that person's reasoning is also absolutely correct for forty-one hundred of those dollars.

I sure wish every time I'd gotten had in my lifetime, all it cost me was a hundred and fifty bucks !! : )

Just MHO
    Last edited by Dennis D; 09-19-2020 at 07:10 PM.

User Info Menu

Just wanted to leave a quick note that the guitar was delivered promptly, safely, extremely well packed, and it's just as described.

If someone looks up this thread in the future because 17571 is offering something for sale (or offering to purchase), they can take my positive experience as part of their decision making.

User Info Menu

Just wanted to leave a quick note that the guitar was delivered promptly, safely, extremely well packed, and it's just as described.

If someone looks up this thread in the future because 17571 is offering something for sale (or offering to purchase), they can take my positive experience as part of their decision making.
    Outstanding. You got a real deal on that guitar, especially for a barely used recent model Campellone. Enjoy!

User Info Menu

Bdksan,
    Thanks for the kind words, when reaching the age of 71, a couple things have become a bit more important, those are memories & reputation.
    Thanks again
    Don (17571)