User Info Menu

Many of you are familiar with Steve Holst's work. He makes custom guitars for bargain prices. I commissioned this 16 inch archtop over a year ago. In the intervening time, I filled out my collection of steel string flat tops and now have to let the Holst go. There are several unique elements to this guitar.

Scale Length: Standard 25.5 inch
    Thickness: 2.5 inches - very resistant to feedback
    Solid wood spruce top. Back / sides are solid flamed maple
    Fingerboard, pick guard and bridge/tailpiece: Ebony
    Nut: 1.75 inches / String Spacing: 2.25 inches (better for finger style players)
    Pickup: Single body mounted Kent Armstrong hand wound in USA. Volume knob and tone thumbwheel are mounted on the pick guard
    Tuners: Goto 510
    Binding: Rounded to invoke the classic construction of violins/cellos. I think this gives the instrument a very unique aesthetic touch
    Case: TKL hard side

I've played this sparingly since I received it. It is in absolute mint condition. The tone is full and rich. You can get whatever you want out of it from thick and juicy to clear and acoustic like. It's comfortable to play and really shows well with its warm brown violin burst. Steve did a great job on this.

Price: $3995.00 plus shipping. PayPal for payment prior to shipping. I'll pay the fees. US or Canada only

Pmail me with questions.

Thx
    Eric

2020 Holst 16in-unknown-7-jpeg2020 Holst 16in-unknown-8-jpeg2020 Holst 16in-unknown-5-jpeg2020 Holst 16in-unknown-6-jpeg2020 Holst 16in-unknown-9-jpeg2020 Holst 16in-unknown-11-jpeg
    Last edited by Cincy2; 07-21-2020 at 06:51 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Gorgeous!!
    GLWTS!

User Info Menu

Reminiscent in some ways of a Hofner Chancellor, which is a lot of guitar. I bet this 16” size is really comfortable. Beautiful.

User Info Menu

Very nice looking affordable archtop! What are the neck specs like 1st and 12th frets depth?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jads57
    Very nice looking affordable archtop! What are the neck specs like 1st and 12th frets depth?
    Roughly 0.8 inches at the first fret and 1.0 inches where the heal begins to flair at around 10/11th position.

Cincy

User Info Menu

Thanks for the specs!

User Info Menu

Sale Pending.

User Info Menu

Sale is complete. Mods: Please archive this post.

Cincy