Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

This Guild X-170 is a beautiful, comfortable, and versatile electric archtop, build in the Westerly, R.I. Guild factory in 1997. It has a light, laminate maple body and 3-piece maple neck, rosewood fretboard, and dual PAF-style humbucking pickups (made for Guild by Seymour Duncan). I've enjoyed playing this guitar (mostly in my smoke-free home, with a few careful gigs) for nearly 10 years, but with a recent acquisition its time to pass it on to another player.

Made in the fine Guild tradition, the X-170 is a pro-level instrument. With its slightly smaller (16-1/2 x 2-1/2 inch) body, the X-170 is quite comfortable, and great choice for those who find a bigger archtop difficult. The slightly flat C-shaped neck is very easy to play. Its extravagantly flamed maple, Antique Sunburst finish, and gold hardware give it an elegant look and show its high quality of construction.

This guitar could be a great choice for someone just starting out in the world of quality archtops without making a large investment, or a player wanting an instrument to take out on regular gigs (when those start happening again!)

NOW SOLD

Specifications:
    - 16.5 x 2.5” laminate flame maple top, sides, and back
    - maple neck
    - rosewood fretboard with 20 frets, 24-3/4” scale, mother of pearl inlays
    - Dual “SD-1” humbucking pickups, gold plated
    - 2 Volume + 2 Tone knobs, 3-way selector
    - Grover Rotomatic tuners, gold plated
    - Guild harp tailpiece, gold plated
    - compensated rosewood bridge

Offered on the forum for only 1575€ + shipping. Please PM me with interest and serious offers. I’d prefer to ship inside the EU, but will consider other situations with strong enough interest.

Last edited by cmajor9; 10-28-2020 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Sold

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

a guild beauty!

luck

cheers

User Info Menu

BTW.....these are GREAT guitars. LOL.

User Info Menu

I owned a Guild Savoy 150 single pickup in natural finish from around the same time period. I miss that guitar..
    I will keep my eye on this..

bump for a great guitar!

User Info Menu

Nice guitar! What's the weight?

Weight is 3.2 kg, 7.1 lb.

Bump @ lower price, now an even better deal than before!

Weekend bump @ lower price - a great offer on a great US-made Guild guitar.

User Info Menu

Yes, these are fantastic guitars. I have had my 1991 Guild X-170 for 12 years now and I enjoy it now as much as when I bought it. As stated, a pro level guitar at a very decent price. I would have a hard time parting with mine even though I have a 52 L-4 and a 09 L-4CES.
    Good luck. John