User Info Menu

Hi,

I'm selling this near new zimnicki 2002 Archtop. No scratches, dings, cracks repairs or issues. Lovely set up action can be lowered if required but is great as is.

17" lower bout, 25 scale length and 1 13/16 nut so slightly wider than usual but I've had no issues adapting to it from regular archtops.
    Flamed maple back and sides solid Sitka spruce top and maple binding on neck, body, headstock and f holes. Hand carved arched top and hand carved Archtop back too.
    Comes with excellent condition hardcase.

Zimnicki has been building instruments for over 20 years in Michigan USA. His workmanship is precise, and his instruments have a full round robust tone, and great projection. 17? lower bout, X braced, This one has a wider than 1 3/4? fretboard measuring 1 13/16? nut, 2 1/8? t the 12th fret, 25? scale, lightweight in great condition! Plenty of meat on the frets that have just been leveled, downed and polished ! In excellent condition, it almost looks new

Specifications

Body 17 Lower Bout
    Body Depth 3
    Nut Width 1 13/16
    Finger Board Scale 25
    Top AAA Spruce – hand carved & tap tuned
    Back Hand carved Figured Maple
    Neck Figured Maple
    Rims Figured Maple
    Finger Board Bound Ebony – Pearl Inlays $300 Optional
    Truss Rod Adjustable
    Binding White & Black Multiple PlyWood binding optional
    Pick Guard Ebony – w/ binding $150 Optional
    Bridge & Base Ebony w/Thumb Wheel Adjustment
    Tailpiece Ebony carved
    Tuning Machines Grover Imperial
    Pickup Kent Armstrong
    Color , Violinburst
    Case 5-ply custom Cedar Creek
    The two best guitars I've ever had in terms of sound is this and a Borys 120 and they both have Kent Armstrong pickups but the zimnicki sounds much better acoustically.

The pickguard is not original and is a new bound l5 one from all parts.

Asking £2900 posted.

Cheers and get in touch if you have any questions
    Attached Images Attached Images Zimnicki 17" hand carved USA Archtop near mint Kent Armstrong paf-image-jpg Zimnicki 17" hand carved USA Archtop near mint Kent Armstrong paf-image-jpg Zimnicki 17" hand carved USA Archtop near mint Kent Armstrong paf-image-jpg Zimnicki 17" hand carved USA Archtop near mint Kent Armstrong paf-image-jpg Zimnicki 17" hand carved USA Archtop near mint Kent Armstrong paf-image-jpg Zimnicki 17" hand carved USA Archtop near mint Kent Armstrong paf-image-jpg Zimnicki 17" hand carved USA Archtop near mint Kent Armstrong paf-image-jpg Zimnicki 17" hand carved USA Archtop near mint Kent Armstrong paf-image-jpg 
    Last edited by Hey bopper; 07-21-2020 at 03:08 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Killer! Does it have a nitro or poly finish?

Hi thanks for the comment. I've got no idea I'm afraid but I could contact zimnicki and ask him. It looks to be the same finish as all the other guitars Ive owned so I'm thinking nitro. Cheers

User Info Menu

Wow, that has a very complementary mix of Benedettoish and D'Aquistoish features, with a hint of Gibson Johnny Smith. Lovely! Really like the headstock shape.

User Info Menu

I gather this lovely guitar is in Europe?

Hi yes it's in the uk but can post worldwide for £170 tracked and fully insured with dpd or ups. I appreciate the comments I'm also interested in trades with cash in the buyers favour for a more traditional design like Campellone, triggs, Borys, Megas Athena, trenier, ect. Cheers

Reduced to £2900 posted in the uk £3000 worldwide, cheers