Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 12 of 12

User Info Menu

I don't want to sell this, but I am trying to liquidate all my guitars.

This is my beloved Tom Bills Natura. It is my favorite guitar I have ever owned, archtop or otherwise. I have posted it a few times here, pulled it down because I couldn't let it go, but it's time. My best friend is in a terrible financial situation, so I am trying to move it to help him out while all of us are spread thin during this pandemic. I have it on Reverb for $7900 here, but would sell it on the forum for $7000 plus any shipping and fees.
    2003 Tom Bills Natura Deluxe archtop in sitka spruce/big leaf | Reverb

I have owned it twice, actually. I first bought it used, figured it was well above my pay grade, and traded it to Guitar Gallery. I kicked myself for a long time and eventually was able to get it back. Here's a link to their page from when they were selling it, which has some good photos (though they don't detail any of the condition issues that I documented in the Reverb listing), as well as some sound samples.
    Tom Bills Natura Deluxe Archtop – Guitar Gallery

I also have a Tom Bills Genesis flat top that I am trying to sell over on the AGF, where I am much more active. I posted it up on Reverb for $xxxx, so I'd let it go here for $old plus shipping and payment fees.

I met up with Steve L who is active here a while back when I was selling a D'Angelico Style A. Though that was the only time we met, we spent a good while together at his office and I am willing to bet that he would be kind enough to vouch for me (though to be clear, he hasn't seen either of the Bills)

Any questions, please feel free to email me at gandhi85 AT aol DOT com
    Last edited by gandhi85; 09-10-2020 at 04:26 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Yes-I did spend some time with gandhi85 at my office and can say he was a kind , soft spoken gentlemen with integrity when it came to disclosing every minute detail when describing a guitars condition.

I wish him the best with these guitar sales.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gandhi85
    I don't want to sell this, but I am trying to liquidate all my guitars.

This is my beloved Tom Bills Natura. It is my favorite guitar I have ever owned, archtop or otherwise. I have posted it a few times here, pulled it down because I couldn't let it go, but it's time. My best friend is in a terrible financial situation, so I am trying to move it to help him out while all of us are spread thin during this pandemic.
    You sound like an awesome and kind person. Many many people are in a very bad situation right now, whether health and/or financial. I hope the best for you and your friend.

User Info Menu

Your Reverb listing is a model for How To Describe & Photograph A Used Guitar.

If everybody tried to do what you've done I would have made some different choices over the years!

Here's hoping that your patience, candor and care yield a great result.

User Info Menu

I echo Woody's sentiments and wish the best for you and your friend, gandhi85.

My best wishes in these trying and difficult times.

You all are so kind! I like to believe that when we are fortunate enough to have our needs met, most all will do what they can if they have extra. It sounds so easy, and having lived away from my home for the past 4 or so months focusing on family and health, realized that guitars (at least for me as an amateur) are gravy, so it's time to pass mine on and help others who could use a hand. Thanks to all for kind sentiments and well wishes for future sales. Steve is a very warm gentleman who strikes me as a true mensch. Woody, Sam, and Jabber...I appreciate your kind comments as well!

That being said, I did finally get around to posting the Genesis to Reverb, so I updated the link in my first post. Because a transaction there is going to incur fees, I've marked it down to $xxxx plus shipping and fees for a private transaction.
    Last edited by gandhi85; 09-10-2020 at 04:25 PM.

User Info Menu

Just to echo, not getting too OT, here's what my fam has been going through, every day, all day. My wonderful beloved father, God bless him. So I get people's covid problems, and hoping the best and praying for everyone in this great online jazz guitar community.

Tom Bills Natura Deluxe 00 and Tom Bills Genesis 00-dad1-jpg
    Tom Bills Natura Deluxe 00 and Tom Bills Genesis 00-dad2-jpg

User Info Menu

Dear Woody, stay strong. Having been there with my dear mother 12 years ago, that is all so familiar. And painful to watch. I wish your dad well. I wish him peace in his heart. Caregivers have to take care of themselves, too.

Take care, you. As long as we have tried our best for our loved ones that is often good enough. Don't be harsh on yourself because there will come days when you wonder if you could have done better.

Take good care y'all.

User Info Menu

Woody sound,
    Wishing your Dad a successful recovery - it must be extremely painful to watch. Just keep the faith - ill say a prayer for your Dad.

User Info Menu

Wow, so sorry for your situation with your dad. Family matters most of all!

Woody, thank you for sharing what you are going through with us. I am wishing you and loved ones well and hoping for your father's complete and speedy recovery.

Jabber is 100% right. Just like on an airplane when they say "if we experience a sudden change in cabin pressure, masks will drop down to provide the flow of oxygen. Make sure to put your own mask on before assisting others." If you aren't practicing self-care in whatever way works and makes sense to you, you are flying without your mask on. I know emotions are high and energy may be spread thin at this time, so I am hoping you find time for yourself to do whatever you can to recharge. Your dad is lucky to have someone who seems as kind hearted as you in his corner, and I wish you and your family all the best.

both still available