Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 23 of 23

User Info Menu

Offered here is an excellent 1981 Epiphone Emperor TH (Thin), Matsumoku era jazzer. This guitar is one smooth player with super low action, excellent electronics, body is super clean aside from pickwear near the bass string as shown in pic #3 and slight tarnishing on PU covers, Thomastik JS-112's are slick and fast, great neck profile, 1-11/16" nut, and original case in great condition. The guitar weighs around 8.5 LBS.

This guitar needs nothing aside from being played. I'm leaning more towards acoustic archtops but am in no hurry to sell. *There is one pickguard bracket screw missing which is easily replaced. The last picture is from the 'Carter' Epiphone Book.

Asking $2100, will include shipping CONUS at full price, I'll eat the fees. Overseas buyers...I'm not saying no but we'll have to discuss shipping.

Thanks for looking!

If this works its way down the list without selling I will keep and enjoy it.
    Attached Images Attached Images 1981 Epiphone Emperor TH (Matsumoku)-ep2-jpg 1981 Epiphone Emperor TH (Matsumoku)-ep1-jpg 1981 Epiphone Emperor TH (Matsumoku)-ep3-jpg 1981 Epiphone Emperor TH (Matsumoku)-ep4-jpg 1981 Epiphone Emperor TH (Matsumoku)-ep5-jpg 1981 Epiphone Emperor TH (Matsumoku)-ep6-jpg 1981 Epiphone Emperor TH (Matsumoku)-ep7-jpg 
    Last edited by Jazzer57; 11-28-2020 at 03:42 PM. Reason: update write-up

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Damn!!!!!
    Why couldn't it be the "F"!!!

Yea, I know. I saw your listing looking for the F and they are nice but, the T is so much more comfortable?. Food for thought maybe.
    Regards

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzer57 View Post
    Yea, I know. I saw your listing looking for the F and they are nice but, the T is so much more comfortable?. Food for thought maybe.
    Regards
    Thanks, I appreciate it. I've passed on a couple of the "T"s recently as I'm holding out for an "F", but have been tempted!

I thought I’d bump this up before deciding to keep. She’s a smooth ride!

Mid-Week Bump

User Info Menu

This is a great guitar at that price. I really like that neat dark burst, AND the T depth. But the lower bought is too wide for me. I've been using 15"-ers for a while now.

Thanks for the note. Yea, it's an awesome guitar alright and with the thin body slides right up under your arm you, know, just in case you're in doubt

Hey, I'm still here and a fantastic player

Last Bump Before I Keep It

Early August Bump

Hello Everybody!

This guitar is an outstanding jazz guitar! I will let this last post run to the end and then, gladly keep it. It’s warm and jazzy and a very smooth player,,,yes, it is a bit heavier than a trad Archtop but I can’t afford a 40’S L-5, so this will more than do.
    Thank you to everyone who has looked, pondered, and wondered if this may work for you. It would! Believe me, and for that reason I cannot find a better jazz guitar for the money so keeping it is of no concern.
    With all that said, time to learn some chord melodies from the other awesome players on the forum!

Regards,,

DJ

Late August Bump

User Info Menu

Ooh la la. Man, if I had $$ I would....

User Info Menu

How much does it weigh? I know you mentioned it but I’ve heard they are quite heavy due to that center block...

Between 8 & 9 pounds with me holding it on a bathroom scale.

Mid-Month Bump

Saturday bump

I'm still here Bump

Election Bump

Bump and let’s say, $2200 shipped in the CONUS!
    I’ll miss it so act now!

User Info Menu

Such a cool guitar

Black Friday Price