Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 12 of 12

User Info Menu

I have the DVD.
    I had the booklet. Don't know what became of it. Would like to replace it without buying the DVD again.
    If you want to sell your booklet, I'm game.
    If you're willing to print a copy and sell that, I'm also game.

Herb Ellis Swing Jazz (DVD) booklet-herb-ellis-dvd-jpg-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Did that exist on videocassette before? If so, did that have the booklet too? If so, I know where I can go get it; not before tomorrow afternoon though.

User Info Menu

The Alfred Publishing site for the DVD says it includes printable PDF materials, is there anything on the disc perhaps? (can usually see these by viewing the relevant files via a computer).

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Zina
    Did that exist on videocassette before? If so, did that have the booklet too? If so, I know where I can go get it; not before tomorrow afternoon though.
    Yes, it was originally on VHS. It had a booklet then too. I assume the booklet is the same as what came with the DVD.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grahambop
    The Alfred Publishing site for the DVD says it includes printable PDF materials, is there anything on the disc perhaps? (can usually see these by viewing the relevant files via a computer).
    I did see that. The pdfs are samples of other books. (One is from Herb's "Swing Blues" book; the other set of PDFs are arpeggios and some lines showing their use----not sure what book they came from, though it's not one of Herb's.)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    Yes, it was originally on VHS. It had a booklet then too. I assume the booklet is the same as what came with the DVD.
    Good. I already called and reserved it for tomorrow afternoon (GMT+1). Only: the video says published by "REH", not Warner. Same photo and titles, though. I'll scan and upload the booklet somewhere, and will send you the link in a peem.

User Info Menu

Good. I already called and reserved it for tomorrow afternoon (GMT+1). Only: the video says published by "REH", not Warner. Same photo and titles, though. I'll scan and upload the booklet somewhere, and will send you the link in a peem.
    Yes! That's it. REH was the original publisher. I guess Warner Bros bought them later. But yes, that's the same video.
    Wow, this is thoughtful of you! Thank you.

User Info Menu

That's fine; I'm glad I can do something for a change. If someone wants the video he can have it (it's well beyond my skill-level), but I can't do better than sticking it in a padded envelope; a courier's too expensive.

User Info Menu

Bah... Got the cassette, but no booklet inside. Still hope though: the woman thinks her husband may have put it aside to prevent it from going missing (it's an old stationery shop; sometimes people steal stuff); she'll ask him when he's back. We checked the other boxes she has[*] - no booklets, so that's a good indication that her husband removed them.

And even if she can't find the booklet, she's willing to call the distributor - there's UK and German phonenumbers on a sticker - so don't despair yet.

[*]there's also: Robben Ford, B.B. King, Roger McGuinn, 2 copies of Brian Setzer (I know that one, comes with a booklet for sure), Tuck Andress, Tal Farlow, Hank Marvin, James Burton, Andy Summers (2 cassettes, but box missing), Les Paul, and 1 called Hot Licks w/ Bob Brozman pts. 1&2.

to be continued . . .

User Info Menu

Bah... Got the cassette, but no booklet inside. Still hope though: the woman thinks her husband may have put it aside to prevent it from going missing (it's an old stationery shop; sometimes people steal stuff); she'll ask him when he's back. We checked the other boxes she has[*] - no booklets, so that's a good indication that her husband removed them.

And even if she can't find the booklet, she's willing to call the distributor - there's UK and German phonenumbers on a sticker - so don't despair yet.
    [*]there's also: Robben Ford, B.B. King, Roger McGuinn, 2 copies of Brian Setzer (I know that one, comes with a booklet for sure), Tuck Andress, Tal Farlow, Hank Marvin, James Burton, Andy Summers (2 cassettes, but box missing), Les Paul, and 1 called Hot Licks w/ Bob Brozman pts. 1&2.

to be continued . . .
    Thanks for the update!
    I am doing a major sorting / filing job around the house (-all music papers, books, charts, manuscripts, photocopies, you name it) and there's still a chance I may find my own copy but as I haven't yet, there's a real chance it's gone for good.

User Info Menu

Mark,
    eMail me.
    Jerome

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by monk
    Mark,
    eMail me.
    Jerome
    Will do! Thanks, Jerome.