User Info Menu

I have amused myself greatly over the years by bolting together Fender-style partscasters with features that Fender does not offer. Their business model does not accommodate the kinds of necks and bodies that I like, so they simply don't make that stuff. The folks at MJT, Warmoth, Musikraft and others thank them greatly for this remarkably bad management decision.

Having had my fun, and having more than enough partscasters for myself, I'm selling some extra partscasters and parts. Here's some of it. Prices are for payment via check or Paypal f&f, shipping is extra at actual cost:

1. Warmoth Snakehead tele neck - $225
    I put this together for a friend as a spare for when he gigs, but he never needs it, so off it goes. The body just got sold, so the neck is for sale. Very cool item.
    -1-piece birds-eye maple, walnut skunk stripe, clear satin finish
    -nut width - 1.67" | 1 43/64"
    -nut - black TUSQ
    -tuners - individual vintage Kluson-style, w/metal buttons
    -Standard Thin profile (.80" - .85"):
    -actual neck depth at first fret - .79"
    -actual neck depth at 12th fret - .84"
    -frets - 6105
    -neck radius - looks like 9.5" to me (to be confirmed)

Last edited by Hammertone; 03-11-2020 at 08:31 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

2. Green strat - MJT body/Musikraft neck - $1,200
    Body: -MJT alder body in Candy Apple Green - 3.875 lbs. THAT'S LIGHT!
    Neck:-Musikraft vintage-style neck, vintage nut width, deep/fat profile. Like a Nocaster neck. Vintage-style frets, dark tint finish, very dark rosewood board. Very minor fret wear.
    Neck width: at nut - slightly wider than vintage width of 1 5/8": 1.63" | 1 & 81/128" |41.42mm
    Neck depth: at 1st fret - almost one inch - @.97" | 31/32" | 24.55mm
    Neck depth: at 12th fret - a bit over one inch - @1.016" | 1 & 1/64" | 25.81mm
    Neck Shape: a lovely deep "C" profile.
    Board Radius: 9.5" (need to confirm)
    Tuners: -Gotoh vintage-style tuners, new, gold
    Bridge: -Babicz full-contact bridge, new, gold
    Guard: -4-ply, Green perloid pickguard
    Pickups & wiring: -vintage-style, low-output, staggered, NOS Lado pups - probably from Shadow.
    -standard wiring but middle position (with Schaller 5-way switch) is "tele" - neck+bridge
    -Dunlop strap buttons, new, gold
    -b/w/b or black backplate if you want one.

This is a REALLY nice guitar, plays great, sounds great, trem works great, set up with 10-48 strings. The colour scheme is a thing of coordinated green and gold wonder.
    What's that? You really want this guitar but with a maple neck - I'd be happy to swap in the neck from the other strat, above. What's that? you want a white/parchment/greened/perloid pickguard w/white plastic? Sure, I could do that. Or maybe a black guard? Sure.
    Includes a Fender gig bag.

Last edited by Hammertone; 03-11-2020 at 08:19 AM.

User Info Menu

3. Charcoal Frost tele - MJT body/Musikraft neck - $1,000 - $1,300 (depending on pickups and hardware)
    Body:
    -MJT alder body "Charcoal Frost" nitro relic finish, 4.56 lbs.
    Neck: -
    Musikraft, ebony and maple (as shown) or Tonebomb, rosewood and maple, 22 frets, as new condition, specs below. I can provide specs for the Muskiraft as required.
    Frets: -6105, like new
    Tuners: -Gotoh Locking vintage-style tuners on the Tonebomb, Gotoh Magnum locking (without the thumbwheels)
    on the Musikraft, in a custom silver finish that complements the body colour.
    Bridge: -vintage style ferrous steel w/chrome-plated saddles.
    Pickups & wiring: -Currently has a Fender Alnico V neck and a Fender American bridge something.
    Electrosocket jack, standard wiring. I also have some boutique pickups from Budz, Lollar and Klein, that I could install for more $$.
    Nut width: -Tonebomb: 1.681” | 1 87/128" | 42.71 mm
    Neck depth:
    -Tonebomb:1st fret - .850” | 109/128" | 21.60 mm
    Neck depth:
    -Tonebomb:12th fret - .968" | 31/32” | 24.59 mm
    Neck shape: -C-shape on the Tonebomb, boatneck on the Musikraft
    Board radius: -need to confirm - both probably 9.5"
    Currently strung w/.010-.052 strings.
    Happy to make changes to the package - brass or Graph Tech saddles,
    a booteek titanium bridge plate (!!!), different tuners.

Last edited by Hammertone; 03-11-2020 at 08:19 AM.

User Info Menu

The green Strat is sweet!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarbean25
    The green Strat is sweet!!
    I named it Paddy's Revenge, but that didn't go over so well, so now it's The Green Dragon!
    It can and should be YOURS. The GreenBeanCaster.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    3. Green strat - MJT body/Musikraft neck - $1,200
    Body: -MJT alder body in Candy Apple Green - 3.875 lbs. THAT'S LIGHT!
    Neck:-Musikraft vintage-style neck, vintage nut width, deep/fat profile. Like a Nocaster neck. Vintage-style frets, dark tint finish, very dark rosewood board. Very minor fret wear.
    Neck width: at nut - slightly wider than vintage width of 1 5/8": 1.63" | 1 & 81/128" |41.42mm
    Neck depth: at 1st fret - almost one inch - @.97" | 31/32" | 24.55mm
    Neck depth: at 12th fret - a bit over one inch - @1.016" | 1 & 1/64" | 25.81mm
    Neck Shape: a lovely deep "C" profile.
    Board Radius: 9.5" (need to confirm)
    Tuners: -Gotoh vintage-style tuners, new, gold
    Bridge: -Babicz full-contact bridge, new, gold
    Guard: -4-ply, Green perloid pickguard
    Pickups & wiring: -vintage-style, low-output, staggered, NOS Lado pups - probably from Shadow.
    -standard wiring but middle position (with Schaller 5-way switch) is "tele" - neck+bridge
    -Dunlop strap buttons, new, gold
    -b/w/b or black backplate if you want one.

This is a REALLY nice guitar, plays great, sounds great, trem works great, set up with 10-48 strings. The colour scheme is a thing of coordinated green and gold wonder.
    What's that? You really want this guitar but with a maple neck - I'd be happy to swap in the neck from the other strat, above. What's that? you want a white/parchment/greened/perloid pickguard w/white plastic? Sure, I could do that. Or maybe a black guard? Sure.

Totally drool-icious! Best of luck with the sale.

User Info Menu

Time for a tasteful bump. I've sold a few of my Fender-style items, and still have these guitars. I have enough parts left to reconfigure them with different colour pickguards and pickups if you are interested. Help me get the total number of these in my man-cave down to the single digits. Together, we can make a difference!

User Info Menu

I've been getting a LOT of these notices via email, so I thought I'd make one up as well:

COVID-19 UPDATE
    Here at Hammertone Industries, we've got stuff for sale.
    (insert virtue-signalling BS here).
    Please buy the stuff.
    Send money.
    Get stuff.
    That is all, carry on.
    -the management