Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 13 of 13

User Info Menu

Copy of the ad from archtop.com when I bought this guitar 4+ years ago. Condition is the same as when I received it.

$5200 shipped/PP (check out archtop.com - they are asking $5995 for their Trenier's)

Serial#: 1050

Body size at lower bout: 16 3/4" Body Depth: 3" Scale length: 25 1/2" Nut: 1 11/16"

Finish: Natural blonde finish, nitrocellulose lacquer type.

Materials: Solid bookmatched handcarved Adirondack spruce top; handcarved AAA fiddleback maple back and sides; 2 piece flame maple neck with walnut centerstripes; solid ebony fingerboard; pearl headstock logo; 5-ply body binding; solid bone nut.

Hardware: Hardware includes solid ebony tailpiece; bound ebony finger rest; gold Gotoh 16X1 butterbean tuners; compensated adjustable ebony bridge; Kent Armstrong Handmade floating adjustable Johnny Smith pickup, with volume control and endpin jack.

Notes: Those who've followed our listings over the years know our particular affection for the prewar Epiphone Broadway, a brilliant performer in every way. We've alo grown quite fond of the impeccable designs of the late Jimmy D'Aquisto, whose elegant guitars have set a benchmark in modern luthiery. Noted builder Bryant Trenier has created a fusion of these classic designs, and this handsome and powerful guitar is the result.
    Built to commemorate his 50th instrument, this stunning guitar incorporates tonewood of the most opulent variety imaginable. Its 16-plus inch body is hand carved of exceptionally figured fiddleback maple, perectly bookmatched, with a quartersawn parallel braced genuine Adirondack spruce soundboard. The result is an instrument of notable projection and clarity, with a brilliant acoustic voice quite rare in newly built guitars. Trenier is never content to simply clone an old model verbatim; the sleek S-shaped soundholes, and smooth contemporary neck profile are an appealing tribute to D'Aquisto, while the headstock contour and inlay are pure Trenier at his most elegant.

The guitar is in immaculate 100% original condition, with smooth low action over a gentle D profile neck. A striking work of contemporary luthiery, the Trenier Broadway delivers robust vintage tone with 21st century playability, in a design that synthesizes the best of old and new. All at an exceptional value for a true American premium quality handbuilt archtop guitar. Call now.

Setup: This instrument is strung with medium gauge bronze roundwound strings (.013-.056). The guitar will accommodate lighter or heavier gauge strings, according to preference. String action is set at 5/64" to 6/64" at the 12th fret, with moderate relief for acoustic playing with medium strings. The action may be lowered or raised to your requirements with the adjustable bridge.

Case: Original deluxe black arched plush lined hardshell case.

Pics:

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Pics from archtop.com:

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Nice !

User Info Menu

Beautiful guitar at a great price - good luck with the sale.

User Info Menu

Beautiful

User Info Menu

I own #1046, Trenier makes a fabulous guitar

Thanks guys - killer guitar for sure, I just don't have enough time nowadays to give this beauty the playing time it deserves.

up

User Info Menu

2007 Trenier Excel

On 4th October 2011, Joe emailed me a heads-up on SN1040. He said, "Will post at $3995, one only, first come, first served."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    2007 Trenier Excel

On 4th October 2011, Joe emailed me a heads-up on SN1040. He said, "Will post at $3995, one only, first come, first served."
    not the same guitar, sellers is #1050 and has a pickup

Quote Originally Posted by Archtopjaz
    not the same guitar, sellers is #1050 and has a pickup
    Don’t feed the trolls

Would do partial trade for Collings I-35 Deluxe or I-35 LC

up

User Info Menu

I play a Trenier Broadway since 10 years. Absolutely terrific instrument. Impeccable build quality and tone.

Bryants instruments have a lovely, old-school feel to them.