User Info Menu

Want something smaller and lighter than a 335 with all the chime, punch and growl of P-90's? This beautiful Godin has great clarity and is good for many styles. Excellent instrument with flawless workmanship. 6 lbs 13 oz. 14 3/4" lower bout. $900 PP shipped.
    Godin Montreal Premiere P-90-img_3027-2-jpgGodin Montreal Premiere P-90-img_6527-2-jpgGodin Montreal Premiere P-90-img_6458-2-jpg
    Last edited by larsjen; 02-23-2020 at 05:01 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Looks great for fusion type sounds etc

Can you explained the 'breath through' thing
    is it a semi like a 335 but the centre block has holes in it ?

how loud is it acoustically cp to a 335 ?
    or cp to a 330 ?

User Info Menu

or cp to a 330 ?

(just interested I haven't got any spare dough)

User Info Menu

bump

User Info Menu

bump

User Info Menu

bump

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pingu

or cp to a 330 ?

(just interested I haven't got any spare dough)
    I can use my imagination based on these descriptions from guitar mags. Godins are nice, imho.

the Godin uses a relatively more engineered approach. The result is a spruce block just a little wider than the pickup rings that’s arched at the three points along its length. The visual effect is akin to having a old stone bridge or Roman aqueduct inside your guitar, and the practical result is a smart compromise between weight savings, sustain, and structural integrity. According to Godin, this core considerably enhances the guitar’s resonant qualities.

There are three ‘arches’ that are carved through the core’s lower half with the idea being to give the best of a centre block – increased sustain and stability alongside reduced feedback – with the established tonal benefits of a fully hollow-bodied guitar. The carving is undertaken by hand and, although the guitar’s weight is unavoidably increased by the spruce inside, we feel this is a inventive concept somewhere between trestle bracing and a traditional centre-block.