User Info Menu

Soloway Gosling – Loar Burst (2009)

I really hate to part with this beauty, but I'm in ruthless purge mode.
    Guitar is for sale on Reverb.com with plenty of pics: Soloway Gosling – Loar Burst (2009) | Sunil's Gear Bazaar | Reverb
    Jazz Guitar Online Price: $1399 Shipped (CONUS only) and PayPalled.
    Price is firm. Not interested in trades.

Gorgeous Soloway Gosling with exquisite Loar Burst finish. Built in 2009 by Jim Soloway, these guitars are, sadly, no longer being made. Weighing in at only 6lb 2oz, this Gosling is a joy to play for extended periods. The neck is a comfy medium C shape with a 1-11/16" nut width.
    Resonant and alive body with one-piece maple top over a one-piece hollow swamp ash back. The guitar is in excellent playing and cosmetic condition with no dents or dings in the finish. There are some light pick scratches that can only be seen when looked at closely in the light, and oxidation of the metal pickup covers. Audio clips of this guitar can be heard at: I250 - Gosling #3

Soloway Gosling – Loar Burst (2009)-solowaygosling1-jpg

SPECS

• 25.5” scale
    • 1-piece maple top and 1-piece hollow swamp ash back
    • Bent top/arm contour
    • Nut Width: 1 - 11/16”

• Neck Profile: C shape (.830 - .930)
    • Maple bolt-on neck
    • Gunstock oil & wax finish on neck
    • Indian Rosewood fingerboard
    • Rosewood peghead with pearl logo
    • Flame Sycamore truss rod cover with Gosling logo
    • Loar burst poly finish with faux binding on body
    • Chrome hardware
    • Mini locking tuners
    • Pickups: DiMarzio Firebird neck, Mo’Joe bridge with flame maple pick-up rings
    • Master volume and master tone with push-pull tone control for series setting and 3-way selector switch
    • Weight – 6lb 2 oz.
    • Includes Polyfoam case

* I have bought, sold, and traded many high-end guitars, amps, and effects on The GearPage, Acoustic Guitar Forum, and Reverb.com. Recommendations available upon request. My eBay name is "dissedvoice" and I have a perfect 100% feedback rating over 350+ transactions. Guitar will ship within two business days following receipt of payment.

Last edited by Sunil; 12-09-2019 at 12:04 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Don’t think twice friends... I saw marcwhy’s for sale a year ago and jumped on it. Fantastic jazz guitar and SO comfortable to play. There aren’t very many Goslings that come up for sale or even exist in the world. If you’re thinking about it... now is the time! (No affiliation)

User Info Menu

What a beautiful color/finish.

User Info Menu

Thanks, Vernon. The Goslings are indeed a rare bird, no pun intended. Jim Soloway was a fantastic and unique builder.
    I wish I didn't have to sell it. I just don't play out as much as I used to, and can't justify having a lot of great gear that sits.
    This bird needs to be set free to a player that will put it to much better use than I have the time for.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    What a beautiful color/finish.
    That color is based on the finish on the backs of the Lloyd Loar mandolins from the early 1900's. Amazing looking finishes that no one ever saw when the instruments were being played.

User Info Menu

That is a beautiful guitar, looks and sound. I would certainly buy it if I could...

User Info Menu

I am also in a ruthless sell off mode. Then of all the Gin joints in the world she walks into mine. Play it again Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunil
    Soloway Gosling – Loar Burst (2009)

I really hate to part with this beauty, but I'm in ruthless purge mode.
    Guitar is for sale on Reverb.com with plenty of pics: Soloway Gosling – Loar Burst (2009) | Sunil's Gear Bazaar | Reverb
    Jazz Guitar Online Price: $1399 Shipped (CONUS only) and PayPalled.
    Price is firm. Not interested in trades.

Gorgeous Soloway Gosling with exquisite Loar Burst finish. Built in 2009 by Jim Soloway, these guitars are, sadly, no longer being made. Weighing in at only 6lb 2oz, this Gosling is a joy to play for extended periods. The neck is a comfy medium C shape with a 1-11/16" nut width.
    Resonant and alive body with one-piece maple top over a one-piece hollow swamp ash back. The guitar is in excellent playing and cosmetic condition with no dents or dings in the finish. There are some light pick scratches that can only be seen when looked at closely in the light, and oxidation of the metal pickup covers. Audio clips of this guitar can be heard at: I250 - Gosling #3

Soloway Gosling – Loar Burst (2009)-solowaygosling1-jpg

SPECS

• 25.5” scale
    • 1-piece maple top and 1-piece hollow swamp ash back
    • Bent top/arm contour
    • Nut Width: 1 - 11/16”

• Neck Profile: C shape (.830 - .930)
    • Maple bolt-on neck
    • Gunstock oil & wax finish on neck
    • Indian Rosewood fingerboard
    • Rosewood peghead with pearl logo
    • Flame Sycamore truss rod cover with Gosling logo
    • Loar burst poly finish with faux binding on body
    • Chrome hardware
    • Mini locking tuners
    • Pickups: DiMarzio Firebird neck, Mo’Joe bridge with flame maple pick-up rings
    • Master volume and master tone with push-pull tone control for series setting and 3-way selector switch
    • Weight – 6lb 2 oz.
    • Includes Polyfoam case

* I have bought, sold, and traded many high-end guitars, amps, and effects on The GearPage, Acoustic Guitar Forum, and Reverb.com. Recommendations available upon request. My eBay name is "dissedvoice" and I have a perfect 100% feedback rating over 350+ transactions. Guitar will ship within two business days following receipt of payment.

User Info Menu

Hey Sunil -- Thought I'd give your post a bump, as you were kind enough to give me those tickets to Ralph Towner at this year's Healdsburg Jazz Festival. (I'm not in the market, but good luck with the sale!)

See you 'round the copy shop!