User Info Menu

I know I'm not the only one who loves Grant Green's sound. While the bridge gives this guitar a slightly different sound than a 330 (this one has more sustain), this guitar has a bite to the sound thanks to the original p90s and the fully hollow thinline construction.

1956 Gibson ES-225 TD ,499 Plus Shipping-img_2535-jpg

Body size at lower bout: 16". Scale length: 24 3/4" Nut Width: 1 11/16"

Materials: Solid Honduras mahogany neck; slab-cut maple top back, and sides; solid Brazilian rosewood fingerboard.

Hardware: Original hardware includes black cover P-90 pickup with original pots, capacitor, and gold bell tone and volume knobs, and amazingly toneful bridge. Vintage correct Kluson style tuners and reproduction pickguard. Original frets.

Condition: This guitar is structurally sound with no cracks and the beautiful cosmetic aging you expect on a guitar of its age. There are a couple of noteworthy subjects. The guitar once had a strap pin, which has been removed (in the case if you want to put it back on). The heel still has an unplugged hole from where the strap pin was. As mentioned above, the pickguard and tuners are not original, hence the price.

The original case for the ES 225 is not included and is not something you even want. These guitars were shipped from the Gibson factory with cheap chipboard cases that offer no protection. Instead, I have an original 1960s Gibson case with yellow lining, which has significant collectible value of its own.

Check out the listing here: Gibson ES-225TD 1956 | Juan's Boutique | Reverb

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

WOW!
    stunning

User Info Menu

You're selling a whole lot of great gear but this one is really special. (Plus it just sets off all of my guitar lust from my teenage years). If I was still in Canada or the US I don't think I'd be able to pass on this one.
    My CD "Bare Handed" is available as a download at Bandcamp.com
    http://jimsoloway.bandcamp.com/album/bare-handed

Jim this one would have suited you and your playing style beautifully. The tone from the pickups is thick, clear, and harmonically very rich. The 225 (and 295) are really unique because you get the acoustic, woody archtop tone plus tons of sustain from that tailpiece.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by omphalopsychos View Post
    Jim this one would have suited you and your playing style beautifully. The tone from the pickups is thick, clear, and harmonically very rich. The 225 (and 295) are really unique because you get the acoustic, woody archtop tone plus tons of sustain from that tailpiece.
    More than you know ... I grew up with an older full sized ES125. This version of the 225 really was my dream guitar through those years.
    My CD "Bare Handed" is available as a download at Bandcamp.com
    http://jimsoloway.bandcamp.com/album/bare-handed