User Info Menu

Here's one for the CC fans who don't want to shell out the $6k it seems to cost to get an original ES-150 nowadays.

1940 Gibson L-50 to ES-150 Conversion Authentic Charlie Christian Pickup 50 + Ship-img_2476-jpg

See more photos on my reverb listing: 1940 Gibson L-50 to ES-150 Conversion Authentic Charlie | Reverb

1940 Gibson L-50 converted to ES-150. The pickup is the only authentic reproduction of the original CC Pickup. Forget about Lollar and other supposed replicas, as this is the only one that accurately reproduces the famous prewar electric tone.

The guitar is a 1940 Gibson L-50, with a nice acoustic tone and great looks. Structurally it is pristine, with the expected cosmetic wear for an 80 year old guitar. The frets are perfectly in tact, the truss rod is easily adjustable, and the action is low and easy to play.
    Last edited by omphalopsychos; 11-19-2019 at 09:15 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by omphalopsychos View Post

1940 Gibson L-50 converted to ES-150. The pickup is the only authentic reproduction of the original CC Pickup. Forget about Lollar and other supposed replicas, as this is the only one that accurately reproduces the famous prewar electric tone.
    nice bit of magic...if that's a ccpickups from uk version (which i assume it is) then i agree wholeheartedly!...

luck

cheers

Yes! Cc pickup from the UK. Having played a number of real 150s I can tell you it is legit.

Having also played the lollar I can tell that it is a FINE pickup, but it’s no CC.

User Info Menu

Instant Chuck on a budget, looks great!
    GLWTS......will--not--last @ that price, heck L-50s are up around there even w out the conversion
    -