Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 17 of 17

User Info Menu

This is an outstanding “ practically new” condition Comins GCS-16 single pickup laminate. The guitar has probably 2- 3 hours of play time. I did a full write up of this particular guitar on the forum back in early 2018. Bill’s website also provides additional details.

I bought this guitar directly from Bill’s shop and had the opportunity to select from a few - and this was the best. The set up and fret work is just beautiful.

I am asking $1900 - you can save a few hundred dollars. No PayPal or international shipments - so please don’t ask. I will provide 2nd day shipment.

Here are some pics - if you want more just send me a PM.

Comins GCS-16 for sale-img_3679-jpgComins GCS-16 for sale-img_3675-jpgComins GCS-16 for sale-img_3678-jpgComins GCS-16 for sale-img_3677-jpgComins GCS-16 for sale-img_3663-jpgComins GCS-16 for sale-img_3661-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Here is the link to Bill Comins website info on this model

GCS-16 | Comins Guitars

User Info Menu

My kind of axe.

Here is You Tube video where Bill explains more about this guitar.

User Info Menu

have enjoyed that namm vid ^ before...the great jimmy bruno uses bill c's imports...and love's 'em..bill puts a lot of time into getting the setup right...and he's one of the best luthiers currently out there...

sadowsky does similar with his guitars...at higher $$$..and not hands on

not surprisingly, ^ that looks like a prime example for sale!

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic View Post
    have enjoyed that namm vid ^ before...the great jimmy bruno uses bill c's imports...and love's 'em..bill puts a lot of time into getting the setup right...and he's one of the best luthiers currently out there...

sadowsky does similar with his import line...at higher $$$..and not hands on

not surprisingly, ^ that looks like a prime example for sale!

cheers
    Bill Comins did a great job designing this guitar. He spent considerable dollars on the tooling. His set up work is equal to his hand built offerings, and the pickup is perfectly balanced. I own a fabulous Borys B120 - and this guitar is very close in sonic qualities, and it really shines when plugged in.

Jimmy Bruno loves these guitars - for good reason. At this price point its a high quality alternative to a more expensive Sadowsky or Benedetto.

Thanks for your comments and interest.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

I played one of these at Rudy’s not long ago. Even next to the Collings, Gibson, and DAngelicos in the room these Comins really held their own. A good price too.

User Info Menu

I love my GCS-1! Extremely well made and like he said in the video, playable right out of the case...the set up was spot on. Must ___ resist ___adding this 16.... GLWTS!

User Info Menu

Guys, I watched QA play this guitar and let me tell you, both guitar and player were top notch.
    I am actually surprised QA is selling this particular guitar.
    The man knows guitars. And he knows what to do with them. You can’t go wrong here..
    Joe D

User Info Menu

You can’t go wrong here......have you noticed when you post with your IPhone now the spelling gets all messed up ?

I had a recent inquiry regarding nut width which is 1.700. Also - the string spacing at nut is 1.420 from center of low E to center of high E string.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by QAman View Post
    I had a recent inquiry regarding nut width which is 1.700. Also - the string spacing at nut is 1.420 from center of low E to center of high E string.

Thanks, whats the neck like? feel?

User Info Menu

All I know is that it is one seriously fetching guitar in your photos.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzgtrl4 View Post
    Thanks, whats the neck like? feel?
    The neck measure .865 between nut and first fret from back of neck to fingerboard and .937 at 10th fret. The feel is a full D/C shape with a smooth transition - similar to early Gibson’s.

Sale pending

Guitar is sold . Went to a nice gentlemen in NY.

User Info Menu

That is one lucky New York gentleman.