Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 36 of 36

User Info Menu

Because of another emergency medical cost, I am selling my ES-175 '59 Reissue (and/or any other guitar that I have) at a big loss. The ebay listing is here: Gibson ES-175 '59 Reissue - MINT | eBay

I apologize for listing this here, but I am desperate at this point. I also have these that I will be listing, but haven't had time to take photos yet. All guitars are in MINT or very lightly used condition:

Gibson Tal Farlow - wine red
    Gibson ES-175 '59 Reissue - sunburst (and the natural one listed on ebay)
    Gibson ES-175 - natural. This was purchased two years ago from Chicago Music Exchange as a factory second and had a small ding on the back
    Gibson L5 WesMo - wine red. This will KILL me to sell, but I have to do it
    Gibson ES-275 P90 - The original, limited edition hollow body in sunburst, not the new semi
    Gibson ES-275 full hollow in sunburst
    Ibanez PM2
    Heritage Custom 575 - sunburst
    Heritage Eagle Classic - sunburst
    Heritage Custom Super Eagle - natural. This guitar does have some playwear and dings on the back

I will be selling these at VERY reasonable prices. Please PM me if interested. Thanks so much for your help and understanding.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Very, very sorry to hear this. Sending good thoughts your way with everything going on

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie2 View Post
    Very, very sorry to hear this. Sending good thoughts your way with everything going on
    Fully supported - always breaks my heart seeing someone having to sell guitars in emergency.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A long journey starts with the first step...and although I have long forgotten about my destination I'm still enjoying the journey.

User Info Menu

Will pray for you this evening.

User Info Menu

Good luck sorting things out.

The fact that a jazz guitarist will part with his Gibson archtops to defray medical costs is proof positive to me of the inelasticity of demand when it comes to medical costs. This is an area where the free market fails. I also wish America good luck on sorting this problem out so that at a minimum, heartbreaking threads like this need never exist.
    .................................................. .......................................
    "When the chord changes, you should change" Joe Pass

User Info Menu

Big Bummer having to sell guitars for unexpected emergency costs! Best of luck to you.

User Info Menu

Dejelley~ Man, I am so sorry about your situation, and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

User Info Menu

Djelley,
    This is so unfortunate - and as Stringswinger alluded to - it’s a failure of our system which necessitates the
    liquidation of assets/ life’s savings to pay for needed medical expenses.

You are in my prayers - as with many on this forum I’m sure.

User Info Menu

DJ, I hope that you're able to find what you need and rise above this moment.

They come and they go, man. Support!
    "Don't worry about that. Everybody talks about finding your voice. Do your homework and your voice will find you." - Branford Marsalis

User Info Menu

Wow. Wishing you the very, very best in getting through this difficult time.
    Jared

User Info Menu

Heartbreaking. Life is so fragile. Never pillow your head with anger towards anyone you love. I will add you in my prayers dj. God bless.

User Info Menu

Are all the guitars located in Concord NH?
    "Somebody get me out of this chair." - BOB WILLS
    Hammertone is a registered Hofnerologist.

User Info Menu

pm'd

User Info Menu

Hello djelley.. sent you a PM as well.
    Hell is full of musical amateurs - George Bernard Shaw

User Info Menu

So sorry, sending best wishes for a happy resolution of your challenges.
    It all works out in the end; if it's not working out, it's not the end.

User Info Menu

Very sorry to hear about your emergency. I sent you a pm . I'm interested in several of your instruments.

User Info Menu

Sending positive vibes, djelley!

User Info Menu

I'm sorry to hear about your situation! I also sent a PM.

Thanks so much for all of the kind words and support - you guys are the best. I am working on responding to all of the PM's - there are a lot of them!

The good news (for me) is that the financial situation is a LITTLE bit better. My wife told one of my relatives (against my wishes) that I was selling my guitars at a massive discount to cover my bills and he called me and threatened bodily harm if I did. He then loaned me enough to cover the worst of it. So I will still be selling most every guitar that I own, because I honestly have way too many of them, but I'm not as frantic to do it. I will still be selling for really good prices, just not insane prices. I had to sell an absolute MINT L5 CES for $4k. That REALLY hurt. It would be one thing if I thought that I could get a new one someday, but they just aren't going to make these guitars anymore.

I'll keep you all posted and thanks again - so much. It really is insane that I have to do this. I have a good job and health insurance, but the healthcare system in this country to completely messed-up.

User Info Menu

I hope you are able to get a reasonable price for the remaining guitars you have for sale. It's just me, but a part of me would feel guilty taking advantage of someone who is fighting an illness by undercutting them on price. I would want the transaction to be a "win-win" situation for both of us, not a case of raiding your cupboards. Sorry you are having to go through this. It is a reality for so, so many of my friends and family.Best of luck to you on climbing out of this vicious trap.

User Info Menu

Best wishes, mate. Glad to hear you have good friends supporting you.

User Info Menu

djelly,We all wish you great good fortune with your health. As has been said above, we are all pretty fragile vessels. I am glad that you won't have to be liquidating your guitars at fire sale prices. That's always a bummer.Thoughts and prayers to you...GT

User Info Menu

Any member here needs to pay market value for his axes or you are not a stand up guy. Taking advantage of a very bad situation is totally uncool.

A billionaire has nothing without his health.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dedalus View Post
    Wow. Wishing you the very, very best in getting through this difficult time.
    Sign me up for this.

Truly wish I could really help; I know a bit of this from experience.

User Info Menu

PM sent

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k View Post
    Any member here needs to pay market value for his axes or you are not a stand up guy. Taking advantage of a very bad situation is totally uncool.

A billionaire has nothing without his health.
    Well "said"/written!

Wishes for a speedy recovery to djelley.

Take good care of yourself and let others take good care of you.

User Info Menu

Amen. If anything, paying a small premium would be a nice gesture to help a fellow player out. Sorry I'm not in the market for something right now. Imagine the best possible outcome and stick to it
    It all works out in the end; if it's not working out, it's not the end.

User Info Menu

Sent you a pm again today. Wish you good luck.

User Info Menu

Hi DJ, I’m sorry I was too caught up in my own crap to notice this. I hope everything works out for you. Stay strong and I hope everything works out for you.
    Take care, Joe D

User Info Menu

My best wishes djelley. May you recover quickly. One shouldn't get the double penalty to fall sick and have To sell his dearest goods to get a proper treatment. Anywhere in the world. In France we feel sometimes drown under tax but for a reason.

Envoyé de mon SM-G930F en utilisant Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Hope you are able to navigate through this. Financial struggles are real and scary. Prayers for you and your family.

User Info Menu

This is tough to read - I will never complain about the NHS again. I hope you get paid properly for your guitars, as financial hardships can happen to us all. And most importantly, I hope you get past this soon.

User Info Menu

Has anyone received a pm reply from the op?

User Info Menu

I haven't, I sent 2 of them. I hope everything is good with dj.

User Info Menu

Ditto

User Info Menu

I also have 2 unanswered. I can only assume he is dealing with more pressing issues and wish him the best of luck with those. We can get back to the guitars later.