User Info Menu

Anyone have a vintage Martin or Gibson flat top they can part with? Not too fussy about condition as long as it's not abused.
    Last edited by max52; 09-20-2019 at 05:50 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

That's pretty broad max52. Acoustic or electric? Steel strings or nylon? What do you have in mind?

User Info Menu

I've owned pre-war Martin guitars (not that war, the one before the one before that one). 1940s. And the oldest Gibson guitar was 1933. I'm amused to now know that the Martin I bought new in 1980 is now considered vintage!

My opnion: the Vintage, Marquis and Golden Era series guitars built under C.F. IV are some of the best ever made. Early 1990s Bozeman Gibson instruments, Ren Ferguson era, are top-notch.

User Info Menu

If this involves Quentin Tarantino, No.

User Info Menu

Good one Grasshopper. Hateful Eight scene. Curt Russell is still paying for that. QT probably change the script for his character just for that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
    If this involves Quentin Tarantino, No.

Quote Originally Posted by Eclectic16 View Post
    That's pretty broad max52. Acoustic or electric? Steel strings or nylon? What do you have in mind?
    You're right about the broad! Looking for a steel string anything 80's back to the 50's. As long as it plays good, sounds good, is fairly priced and hasn't been abused, I'm interested.

Got a 90s Gibson l5 some finishing issues but no cracks or repairs just cosmetic. £3400 posted in the uk wine red by the way, cheers Jonathan

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by max52 View Post
    You're right about the broad! Looking for a steel string anything 80's back to the 50's. As long as it plays good, sounds good, is fairly priced and hasn't been abused, I'm interested.
    PM sent.

John

Quote Originally Posted by jonthreadwell View Post
    Got a 90s Gibson l5 some finishing issues but no cracks or repairs just cosmetic. £3400 posted in the uk wine red by the way, cheers Jonathan
    Should have been clearer..looking for a flat top...but thanks